Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Super Coach, Jan 20, 2017.

1. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    I agree, however I don't see how they could independently verify a sales number for the LEs.

2. Skylarking

Skylarking Active Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Our sate registration authorities have numbers for vehicle make, model, colors, engine type, etc but one can't ask them for such details as i'm sure they'd claim privacy reasons (being the go to reason whenever any authority or buisiness can't be bothered). But any reporter worth his salt would try and independantly verify some details and not just be an extension to a company's PR department.

But i'm not stressed really as i've not put much weight in what any manufacturer, sales person or magazine stated. However, this is the first time i've been duped by the 'all gone' mantra sung by one and all and it has cost me more than should have been the case.

Still, over the life of the car, the extra i payed will be insignificant to the depreciation i will suffer over the 7 year warranty period :rolleyes:

Time to go for a drive ;)

3. dazinau

dazinau New Member

Members Ride:
    Motorsport
    I think it was more like weeks than months. Might have even been days. Very annoying.

4. .05

.05 Member

Members Ride:
    vl v8 commodore
    first time poster here and after reading the above post thought i should comment as these times cannot be right, 2.06 is a very slow time at this track, 2.02 for a gtsr on slicks is not right either.
    lap times for a hq holden race cars running stock 202s engines and three speed box are around 2.02-04,
    lap times for the gtsr should be at least 1.50 to 1.55 even with a low skilled driver.
    something's not right with the times.
    its best to join a club like piarc and take part in club sprints, for newcomers they have breaks in the day where a experienced race driver will take you around the track in your own car, showing you racing lines , braking points ect at no cost to you.
    they also have flagies and proper a timing system with your times and that of others printed out during day so there's no guesswork
    i would encourage anyone considering track days to join piarc ,the help and advice given is more than worth the membership fee

blackve76 likes this.
  5. EternityDre

EternityDre Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MSE #385
    I just had a quick look and found this site: http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/phillip-island
    There are some very nice cars driven by professional racing drivers doing 1:55ish laps.
    You need to keep in mind we aren't professionals and we're driving our own road cars with traffic on the track.
    If you look at this site, it suggests that low 2 minute times from a non-professional driver are actually very competitive.
    I bet if I handed my keys to Warren Luff he'd get a much better time after driving 1000s of laps.

426Cuda and panhead like this.
  6. paroharo

paroharo New Member

Members Ride:
    Phantom Director
    From the link, regarding Directors:
    "Then it was a sizeable drop to the other two colours, with Phantom Black next at 43 or 11.9 per cent of the production, coming ahead of the rarest colour – for the third time in a row – Nitrate Silver with 43 units produced at 11.9 per cent."

Hmm... with the figures given, the reasoning that Phantom comes ahead of Nitrate seems a bit off

DIR115 likes this.
  7. .05

.05 Member

Members Ride:
    vl v8 commodore
    i am not knocking your time just that they are not correct, the piarc sprints are not for professional racing car drivers with most cars being driven to the track and on road tyres.
    i suggest you compare recent piarc sprint meetings to your times your times. times for sprints are available on line
    a stock ssv ls3 redline on a good road tyre will do 1.54s driven to and from the track and no luff behind the wheel
    even a 125cc go cart goes round 2.02
    how could someone do a 2.02 lap in a gtsr with slicks, somethings wrong with the timing or were they driving in reverse or something

8. EternityDre

Members Ride:
    MSE #385
    All good, I'm not being defensive I'm genuinely curious as I want to go back and an accurate indication of what I should be doing would be useful.

Can you link some PIARC times? I've spent 10 minutes on the website, which looks and functions like it was made in 1995, and can't find anything useful.

YouTube is full of videos though when I search PIARC so that's been a better source. I watched a few videos of the guys doing 1:55s and I can certainly see I have a lot of room for improvement ;)

426Cuda likes this.
  9. dgp

dgp Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    You can find some times on the Victorian supersprint championship page http://www.vssc.com.au/home/results-2017/
    Not necessarily a great guide though as there is no indication of modifications. My brother appears in many of the results with dedicated race cars (Datsun 1600, Honda Civic) and also at times road cars (Nissan Pulsar, Nissan S14) over the years. Point being, looking at the results, you wouldn't know the cars spec.

10. EternityDre

Members Ride:
    MSE #385
    Yeah the YouTube videos are pretty poor with that as well.
    Regardless it's a good guide to know once I go back with better tyres and push the car a bit more with better lines I have quite a bit of improvement to aim for :)

11. .05

.05 Member

Members Ride:
    vl v8 commodore
    class A is for road registered cars on street tyres
    4 is for engines over 4000cc
    please look at the times in class A4
    you will notice a vf11 with times of 1.54 which is on par for a stock redline
    you can gather by the times set by the other cars in A4 that 2.02 for GTSR on racing slicks is not the correct time
    my point is the best way to do track days is through joining a club,such as piarc.
    its entry level, plenty of help given to new comers, free lessons one on one in your car on how to drive the track.
    and above all proper timing, i bet eternity dre would have been under 2 minutes for sure.
    you can even watch a stock toyota eco do a 2.06 on youtube

EternityDre likes this.
  12. LMF 17

LMF 17 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSVR
    Local dealer still has one MSE and a Director for sale, could be there for a while as they want $89,990 for either. Be interesting to see how long they sit there for.

13. EternityDre

Members Ride:
    MSE #385
    LOL what a joke

14. dans_vz

dans_vz Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual & 97 VS Caprice L67
    I really don't get arrogant dealers like that. Surely its costing them money having those cars sitting on the floor as time goes on!

15. markalan1two

markalan1two Smile and wave boys !!!!

Members Ride:
    X3 3.0 BMW, Gen F 2 GTS, Holden Captiva seres 2 D
    just greedy bastards

Lex and 426Cuda like this.
  16. Skylarking

Skylarking Active Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Today, on an unrelated matter, i had a dealer principle tell me with a stright face that they only charged RRP for their LE vehicles. Yes, he said that with a straight face while a LE model was sitting in the showroom with $74000 drive away price on the windscreen.

Just to put that into perspective, that's - somewhat $4k-$5k more than RRP + delivery + onroad charges.

+1 for greedy bastards

426Cuda likes this.
  17. RTSV6UTE

RTSV6UTE Active Member

Members Ride:
    Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
    Hi all

Treated my Director to a quick wash and a wax today. Enjoy the pics.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

right hand rear.JPG
    front.JPG View attachment 198361

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    DIR115, SSteve, Anthony121 and 4 others like this.
  18. Andrew Moon

Andrew Moon New Member

Members Ride:
    VF Magnum
    There numbers are wrong that’s why the Nitrate build number is 38 10.6% of the total 360.

DIR115 likes this.
  19. LS1SS

LS1SS Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
    Saw an auto demo SME in a Holden show room today No 355 $75990,still up there.

20. LMF 17

LMF 17 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSVR
    Coming back to Ballarat today from Geelong in a work Camry, got to a passing lane and had an SUV and a VF in front of me SUV passed the VF and I hooked out to do the same. Thought to myself nice car SOG Calais V, then seen the bold lettering on the boot, Director, my first Director in the wild and doing what it was designed for, being driven, albeit slowly.