Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Haha does sort of go against the gushing and drooling, sorry if my opinion offends. To it's merit I think it makes for quite a festive, fun look.
View attachment 192854
No offence taken, each to their own, I did notice your input re the two stage VTIM, that was the type I was referring to, reduced manifold vacum at high RPM, standard intake is tuned for low through to midrange RPM (as expected) and is as good as it gets through this range, shame Chevrolet couldn't give us a little more top end, maybe a little too reliant on displacement?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
G'd
As the MSE do not have height adjustable seat belts at the front, does anyone know if height adjustable mounts can be fitted as these are standard on the Calais models and crappy Barina's so they are part of the holden part inventory. This is a major safety defect in some commodore models as incorrect fitting of the seat belts is very dangerous. It is a wonder that ANCAP have not given those equipped commodores models a 4 star safety rating only.

As I have ordered an MSE I want to fit the height adjustable seat belts. Any advice greatly appreciated.
G'day zappaboy, If they are standard on the calais they should bolt straight up in the MSE, I would be very surprised if there was a difference in the body fabrication between a calais and other versions, production engineering is all about keeping critical components and hence processes the same.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
No offence taken, each to their own, I did notice your input re the two stage VTIM, that was the type I was referring to, reduced manifold vacum at high RPM, standard intake is tuned for low through to midrange RPM (as expected) and is as good as it gets through this range, shame Chevrolet couldn't give us a little more top end, maybe a little too reliant on displacement?
Goodo, I'm interested in more flexible powerband and better breathing overall so started a thread on practical VE improvements which can add around 20% without supercharging, cheers.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Haha does sort of go against the gushing and drooling, sorry if my opinion offends. To it's merit I think it makes for quite a festive, fun look.
View attachment 192854
Monstar you've gotta stay of "those" websites mate. They're turning you beige and reducing your natural inhibitions.:p:Do_O

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
As the MSE do not have height adjustable seat belts at the front, does anyone know if height adjustable mounts can be fitted as these are standard on the Calais models and crappy Barina's so they are part of the holden part inventory. This is a major safety defect in some commodore models as incorrect fitting of the seat belts is very dangerous. It is a wonder that ANCAP have not given those equipped commodores models a 4 star safety rating only.

As I have ordered an MSE I want to fit the height adjustable seat belts. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Not as an option. Either raise the seat, or pull your wallet out I guess?
Personally I've never bothered using them. Just a gimmick to me. I'm sure you and others would disagree though. Might be the fixed height just suits my height?

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Thanks. I am keeping the red mirror caps for now.
Good stuff, mirror caps/ scalps are easy to swap about for a change, Black, red, chrome, I had a carbon fibre set on my old clubby, actually, now I think about it the old originals are prob still in my shed, ohh well, a spare set won't hurt

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

Height adjustable seat belts can be fitted. Was going to do that for my SS.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-17_7-14-52.png
    upload_2017-6-17_7-14-52.png
    756.5 KB · Views: 195