Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Super Coach, Jan 20, 2017.

1. EternityDre

EternityDre Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MSE #385
    Bump! Bringing back the LE thread. Just a note to say that another track day is down, this time including 4 x Motorsports and a Director. Pics to come tomorrow once I'm awake and can see again (left 5am home 8pm). There were two major accidents today including a write off, so conditions were tricky.

dragonsroos and Skylarking like this.
  2. RTSV6UTE

RTSV6UTE Active Member

Members Ride:
    Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
    Hi

Keen to see them, hope you had a great day.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

3. wetwork65

wetwork65 A wet business

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
    Trust your car was OK?

Skylarking likes this.
  4. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Yes please, pics or videos :)

After all, videos convey more that pictures which supposedly are worth a 1000 words, case in point:

5. EternityDre

Members Ride:
    MSE #385
    Sorry no videos but some pics below. There were 3 red hot Motorsports including mine, a spitfire Motorsport with W547 pack and a SOAG Director, as well as lots of other nice Commodores. Met and spoke with the limited edition owners, bunch of lovely guys, all of whom had fairly low kms and were driving their LEs in anger for the first time. Was great chatting with them and hearing them account their experiences driving on track. It goes without saying that the LEs impressed.

I didn't get as many pics as I wanted as my friend was the first accident, he lost control on turn 2 and went into the tyre wall with side impact, so I spent any time I wasn't on track helping him and talking to him. He was okay which was the main thing, mainly a bruised ego. His car wasn't driveable so had to be picked up on a flatbed truck. I'd guess he has 8-12k of repairs to look forward to. That put a damper on proceedings straight off the bat (first session) but then there was an even more serious accident in the second session, pic of that below. Megane RS lost control on the last corner leading on to the main straight and ended up hitting the tyre wall at speed with full frontal impact. Pic below shows the car was a write off. After the two accidents it was hard to push to the limit and take risks, given the reality of the consequences was very visible on two occasions.

With that said, my new RE003 tyres and more aggressive camber/toe worked wonders, the additional grip was significant, highly recommended and cost effective performance upgrade for those of you are using your LEs on track regularly.

43599427_1245817945559210_1073775165831118848_n.jpg 43704603_2110656869250637_7389501364595851264_n.jpg 43599519_490281251454970_254461191491944448_n.jpg 43629529_2140740969511727_6731897191033470976_n.jpg 43754107_276328253011313_3729257469608722432_n.jpg

6. wetwork65

wetwork65 A wet business

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
    (Edited) Thanks for the details - good to see the number plates were obscured so all damage would have happened on public roads ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 5:53 PM
    Skylarking and EternityDre like this.
  7. EternityDre

Members Ride:
    MSE #385
    Bingo :)

8. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Nice that you preseve others privacy by touching up the pics and removing their rego details :)

As for those unfortunate enough to prang their machines, guess their car insurance would not cover damage during track use so it makes for a rather expensive weekend for them :(

Sympathies go out to them as I know if i pranged my MSE and insurance didn't pay, i'd be ......... :oops:

( edited to add: ninja'd in part by wetwork :) )

wetwork65 likes this.
  9. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Risky endeavour without police report and supporting evidence.

Skylarking and wetwork65 like this.
  10. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Yeah, I wouldn't entertain fraud either :)

Still, it's upsetting loosing >$10K to repairs or totaling a car but the race track is where such games should be played.
    And if one can't handle the risk, don't play the game ;)

(Doesn't mean we can't have some empahy for them when things go wrong on a track)

RTSV6UTE likes this.
  11. dragonsroos

dragonsroos Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    No LE cars I hope.

12. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Oh, I have plenty of empathy for people in this situation.

I binned my old VK on a hill climb event back on the mid 90s. Much depression.

Skylarking likes this.
  13. MY17DIR

MY17DIR Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY17 LE Director....
    Police don't even bother attending a crash scene these days unless there is an injury.

14. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), 97 VS, 17 Carnival Platinum
    Four criteria for police attendance (in NSW):

1. Someone failed to stop and exchange particulars

2. Someone suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs

3. Damage to property other than the vehicles involved likely exceeds $500

4. Injury or fatal collision.

The requirement for police to attend all accidents where a vehicle is towed was removed a couple of years ago.

15. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    1. Given @EternityDre is in Vic, NSW rules are irrelevant.

2. Given the damage sustained by the Megane, whatever it hit on a public road would have sustained greater than $500 in damage.

3. In my experience, an insurance claim from an event on a public road requires a police report number.....there is no requirement for the police to have attended an accident, just that it has been reported to the police.

16. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Good job I wasn't quoting @EternityDre then. I was responding to @MY17DIR (who is in NSW), and simply pointing out the criteria for NSW police attendance at MVA's. Nothing to do with the aforementioned track incidents.

Thanks for your help however.

17. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    I only quoted you for context for @MY17DIR in terms of making dodgy insurance claims.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:43 PM
  18. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    South of the boarder, there was some young idiot that lost it coming out of a drive way and slammed into a parked car pushing it into another parked car. Suspicion was he’d had a few too many but police couldn’t be bothered attending since no one was hurt...and then there was another few incidents where I witnessed someone reverse hard into a parked car and simply drove off, the owner or insurance company couldn’t be bothered reporting it to police as their view was that nothing would be done (I felt I did my bit by leaving my details as a witness)..

So I have no idea what the attendance rules are in this nanny state where speed cameras seem to be the only policing we drivers see...

19. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    I’m not aware at that there is a $500 damage limit for some actions to occur in Victoria. And in my experiance police reports are not a requirement for submitting a claim unless the claim is theft. Even malicious damage claims can be made without a police report depending on circumstance.

The only issue is that lodging a false claim in this day and age of mobile phones and social media is that is is easier to be caught out. With data retention laws, I think an insurance company can check your own social media account without much difficulty. This means mean it’s easier to find ones self on the wrong side of the law and in potentially big trouble (either legal trouble or having insurance cancelled/refused for false claim and then being in a situation where getting insurance can be very difficult or ridiculously expensive).

Not much point in discussing claim issues and police attendance standards when most people are honest and wouldn’t put in such false claims if they crashed on a track (especially where they or their friends posted the event on social media)... o_O

20. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Correct me if I'm wrong (as I don't [and won't] track my car), but isn't it a requirement to have a CAMS licence prior to undertaking track work, and doesn't such licence have associated insurance for any on-track incidents?