Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
In track mode I expect the throttle body butterfly responds at a different rate to the accelorator position so it becomes more responsive/touchy, maybe WOT at 3/4 accelorator travel
OK this is exactly what I'm talking about, I'm starting to think there is a chance the Holden wording may be deliberately confusing to imply / further the notion that the knob does affect an aspect of the tune (apart from limiting torque as part of the ESP).
No Martin, the knob definitely does not enhance any part the tune whatsoever from what I have observed and compared MRC tunes vs STD using the detail function in EFIlive.
This is exactly the confusion that has sparked deeper investigation in the US with the Chevy SS having had an earlier release with MRC.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Just to put paid to the notion that the knob changes engine performance through any means like actual throttle opening speed or timing or whatever, the ESP intervenes in Track mode by altering the accelerator pedal response (input PID = Accelerator Pedal Position), slowing the ramp down for "smoother throttle control on a track" according to section 9-37 of the Chevy SS owner's manual.
Again, if you consider torque management and lessening accelerator pedal ramp an increase in vehicle performance, fine. But it does in no way increase engine performance, as could be and apparently is inferred.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
G'Day Cuda, I think we all no there is no change to engine performance regardless of the driver mode. In track mode I expect the throttle body butterfly responds at a different rate to the accelorator position so it becomes more responsive/touchy, maybe WOT at 3/4 accelorator travel. Torque vectoring I would expect is through the traction control in that when taking a RH turn (for example) the brake is applied to the rear RH wheel directing more torque to the outside wheel which would aid turn-in through the corner. I would imagine there would be alot of tuning required to get this to work well because as you know its intention is for track use as an aid at the limits of traction, at this point small adjustments can make a big difference. Without knowing all the acronyms that goes with the systems the Redline has onboard, that's my basic take on it as a relative dumb farkero_O
Hey Martin - If the butterfly opens more quickly, or just opens more, at any point of accelerator pedal position, then that is increasing the level of engine output available to the driver at that point. Hence, increasing engine performance...But, not overall. but It's the same power and tq at any point in the rev range, but, it may be more accessible, because the electronic management systems are relaxed. If that makes sense. So the driver can tap into the power and tq, with less, or maybe no electronic interference. I may be wrong, it's just what I am thinking is all.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sure! My idea of performance is not limiting torque but yeah it does reduce engine output in a programmed manner to greater gain. Actual performance (reduction or otherwise) has nothing to do with an intervention of the knob position to normal operation of the exhaust valves as at 1:24. My point was this dumbing down and using incorrect term that means something else related to engine operation introduces confusion that performance is enhanced by the knob affecting the (engine) exhaust valves, vs exhaust note control valves.
Yeah, I know mate. I was just winding you up. Haha

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to put paid to the notion that the knob changes engine performance through any means like actual throttle opening speed or timing or whatever, the ESP intervenes in Track mode by altering the accelerator pedal response (input PID = Accelerator Pedal Position), slowing the ramp down for "smoother throttle control on a track" according to section 9-37 of the Chevy SS owner's manual.
Again, if you consider torque management and lessening accelerator pedal ramp an increase in vehicle performance, fine. But it does in no way increase engine performance, as could be and apparently is inferred.
Hey Monstar, Total engine tq and power are the same across all model variants, and all 'knob' positions. No doubt about that. But, I am inferring that as you progress from touring to track, the electronic management of TRC, ESP and tq mgt via braking reduces, as opposed to increases. In my current Redline, performance mode will allow the wheels to light up, but still grab a drift and pull it back into line. Turn it all off and it'll just let you slide out, if you're that stupid. My thoughts on track mode, is that it would relax the programmed tq control via engine throttling, timing etc, not increase it. Similar to having a cable throttle, and tuned dizzy, as oppose to fly by wire and computerised timing maps. Changing the timing and fuelling, at any accelerator pedal position and revs. As I said, it's just an assumption. I could be completely wrong.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Same here Red Lion , production date 29th August , delivery 4th Sept , don't believe they start building them till August from what I've seen .
Does anyone have any earlier dates ?
Same here, 19th Sept is my build, sounds like you won't see a Director til mid Aug at best, but it's getting closer.......slowly

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I know of a friend of mine getting his Director in, October
( must be one of the last cars)

I would love to know how many motorsports, magnums and directors are going to each state

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
I know of a friend of mine getting his Director in, October
( must be one of the last cars)

I would love to know how many motorsports, magnums and directors are going to each state
Yeah, it would be interesting, I know from a Director viewpoint, if you divide the number of states and territories by the 360 allocated it's less than 50 each one, but clearly the bigger States like NSW and Vic would have a higher allocation, but it's safe to save you won't see one very often, esp given a decent number will be either under wraps or not driven daily

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Yes, you are correct, I know of 5 Directors going straight into storage, I would love to know what numbers of each variant are going to each state, I guess you would have to be pretty excited to have any of these models if you are in Tassie ot NT!

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Same here Red Lion , production date 29th August , delivery 4th Sept , don't believe they start building them till August from what I've seen .
Does anyone have any earlier dates ?
I've got a build date of August 21 for my director, which I think will be one of the first