Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hey Martin - If the butterfly opens more quickly, or just opens more, at any point of accelerator pedal position, then that is increasing the level of engine output available to the driver at that point. Hence, increasing engine performance...But, not overall. but It's the same power and tq at any point in the rev range, but, it may be more accessible, because the electronic management systems are relaxed. If that makes sense. So the driver can tap into the power and tq, with less, or maybe no electronic interference. I may be wrong, it's just what I am thinking is all.
Hi Cuda, The video (and other media) states throttle response is "sharpened up" in track mode which led me to believe thottle body butterfly movement is increased in relation to accelerator pedal movement (ramped up) but monster is saying its ramped down so not sure. Pretty sure though there is not change to tune in relation to any stability/traction control inputs. Interesting the MRC has an input from torque vectoring though, wonder how that works. One MRC input for cornering would be via an accelerometer, we know there is at least one on board due to the g meter input, probably two. Maybe when taking a corner (in track mode) lateral accelerometer inputs to the MRC to stiffen up the outside dampers equally but when the torque vectoring criteria is met the rear outside is relaxed slightly to also aid turn in. Speculation on my behalf but I'd love to get my hands on a factory workshop manual, being the boring Alan I am I find the technical aspects ineresting.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Yes, you are correct, I know of 5 Directors going straight into storage, I would love to know what numbers of each variant are going to each state, I guess you would have to be pretty excited to have any of these models if you are in Tassie ot NT!
Yep, I think the Tassie Director club will be a small one, THe president, treasurer, secretary and event organiser will be a super busy individual, I might pass on nominating....

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Yep, I think the Tassie Director club will be a small one, THe president, treasurer, secretary and event organiser will be a super busy individual, I might pass on nominating....

Correct. According to Holden website, there are 269 dealers across Australia, if you live in The Northern Territory, or Tassie, you limited edition Holden will be very special, with only 2 dealers in NT, and 5 in Tassie, with such low volume numbers, each of these models are indeed going to be rare , even if you average it out, its only 171 motorsports per state, I know it won't work out that way due to dealer network, but 1200 cars across the entire country, is indeed a low number , with Directors and Magnums even more so.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Correct. According to Holden website, there are 269 dealers across Australia, if you live in The Northern Territory, or Tassie, you limited edition Holden will be very special, with only 2 dealers in NT, and 5 in Tassie, with such low volume numbers, each of these models are indeed going to be rare , even if you average it out, its only 171 motorsports per state, I know it won't work out that way due to dealer network, but 1200 cars across the entire country, is indeed a low number , with Directors and Magnums even more so.
Still, that's more cars than there are Post Offices.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Still, that's more cars than there are Post Offices.

Wow, hadn't thought of it that way, unfortunately I think the humble post office
Is going the same way as the Commodore, and will eventually become extinct

Happyjoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Same here, 19th Sept is my build, sounds like you won't see a Director til mid Aug at best, but it's getting closer.......slowly
My dealer said Aug delivery for my director but I do not know my build day!

Will drive my car but maybe only 1000 or 2000 k's a year and hopefully never in the rain unless I get caught.
Love opticoat but due to minimal driving i think a good wax will suffice

Stroker1

Reaction score
Members Ride
M12VE
Good luck with your director. In regards to opticoat, is there any significant difference in applying 2 coats instead of 1. 2000kms a year is nothing, drive it ... that's what there made for.

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
My dealer said Aug delivery for my director but I do not know my build day!

Will drive my car but maybe only 1000 or 2000 k's a year and hopefully never in the rain unless I get caught.
Love opticoat but due to minimal driving i think a good wax will suffice
Your dealer would have to know your current build and delivery dates on the system even though it could possibly change at some stage