Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
??? Please explain, not sure what it's sup post to mean ?
Nothing really apart from rarity is sort of the opposite of ubiquity, but I'll try and break it down o_O
TL;DR the magic number is 1200. The hypothesis which follows is generally that more than 1200 of anything is not really rare, less is deemed quite rare.
The Australia Post Office by nature is a ubiquitous national icon representing the cadastral history of civilised development. As such also provides an identifiable reference to demonstrate how the population of [anything] unique in your street like a post box, is practically more common than unique to your postcode, which may be represented by a local post office.
To quantify that, the number of street posting boxes is around 16,000 vs post offices less than 1200. Something unique in your town / village (or neighbourhood) is somewhere in between, as there are 3200 Australia Post outlets local to metro shops and out in country pubs.
So a practical metric for rarity and the human population (being unique amongst your nearest neighbours), the number of [anything] scaled against the postal network describes the rarity value no matter within a metro region or the arid centre. Seems a better overall population distribution indicator than Police watchouse or pub.
In other words more or less [anything] nationally vs the number of post offices is a reasonable yardstick, a tipping point for weighing an item's initial rarity value without the need for detailed investigation.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Nothing really apart from rarity is sort of the opposite of ubiquity, but I'll try and break it down o_O
TL;DR the magic number is 1200. The hypothesis which follows is generally that more than 1200 of anything is not really rare, less is deemed quite rare.
The Australia Post Office by nature is a ubiquitous national icon representing the cadastral history of civilised development. As such also provides an identifiable reference to demonstrate how the population of [anything] unique in your street like a post box, is practically more common than unique to your postcode, which may be represented by a local post office.
To quantify that, the number of street posting boxes is around 16,000 vs post offices less than 1200. Something unique in your town / village (or neighbourhood) is somewhere in between, as there are 3200 Australia Post outlets local to metro shops and out in country pubs.
So a practical metric for rarity and the human population (being unique amongst your nearest neighbours), the number of [anything] scaled against the postal network describes the rarity value no matter within a metro region or the arid centre. Seems a better overall population distribution indicator than Police watchouse or pub.
In other words more or less [anything] nationally vs the number of post offices is a reasonable yardstick, a tipping point for weighing an item's initial rarity value without the need for detailed investigation.
Got it, thanks mate, well, just goes to show you learn something everyday, cheers

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7

Nice monstar, thought about a career in politics have we? Reminds me of my manager when asked a difficult question:eek: It is an artform.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Nice monstar, thought about a career in politics have we? Reminds me of my manager when asked a difficult question:eek: It is an artform.
Thanks, the purpose of wine and art is to wash the dust of daily life off our souls... but it is the measure of words crafted on the back label of wine that sells an appreciation of both ;)

Happyjoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Good luck with your director. In regards to opticoat, is there any significant difference in applying 2 coats instead of 1. 2000kms a year is nothing, drive it ... that's what there made for.

Happyjoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Thanks mate
From what understand about ceramic coatings is that it can scratch just like your duco then has to be re-applied,
However the process better scuffing opticote than your paint!
Double coating- dunno

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Thanks mate
From what understand about ceramic coatings is that it can scratch just like your duco then has to be re-applied,
However the process better scuffing opticote than your paint!
Double coating- dunno
Guys seriously it is just another layer of clear coating like that which is already great applied at the factory. Looking back at same car same paint same process 300k km down the track and thousands of minor swirls and scratches buffed out... you need to get a reality check on the true value of this Int the first place. I had mine done, now consider it like the extended warranty, locks you into frivolous servicing and expense. I would imagine if I paid for rustproofing on top of factory I would feel the same but alas not a skerick.
Water, wax and elbow grease for the long term.
IMG_1920.JPG

Not a flagship show car, having travelled equivalent of 20x circumnavigating the globe. More a battleship - look sharp, Bristol fashion.

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hey monstar, how are the seats and touch points holding up after all those k's?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hey monstar, how are the seats and touch points holding up after all those k's?
No complains about seats / switchgear apart from the creaky driver seat where the plastic surround came loose. Apparently is a known thing with the original because the replacement part doesn't creak now and sits fine.
The door closed actuator switch on driver side is also a known item, first two times had it replaced under warranty, then about a year ago it started to play up again. I basically toggled the latch for a couple of weeks while part was on order and it fixed itself, no prob since.
Rear seat latch to fold flat has the plastic surround fall both sides regularly out so I leave that stored in the garage.
Plastic hook to hold the boot floor up when in the well is not up for the job, works OK to hook around the boot stay though.
Overhead sunglass holder door can't take big bass, foam tape to close gaps fixed that.
Driver outside door handle cover trim piece has wear, needs replacing.
Original seats, carpet, knobs, etc., only sign of wear is on the steering wheel at the top left, which is good considering the action it's seen. Will replace wheel soon.
Bloody hard wearing touch points otherwise, easy to maintain too.

Alchemistry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, VF Calais V, VF II Director
Guys seriously it is just another layer of clear coating like that which is already great applied at the factory. Looking back at same car same paint same process 300k km down the track and thousands of minor swirls and scratches buffed out... you need to get a reality check on the true value of this Int the first place. I had mine done, now consider it like the extended warranty, locks you into frivolous servicing and expense. I would imagine if I paid for rustproofing on top of factory I would feel the same but alas not a skerick.
Water, wax and elbow grease for the long term.
View attachment 193172
Not a flagship show car, having travelled equivalent of 20x circumnavigating the globe. More a battleship - look sharp, Bristol fashion.
Very impressive, Monstar, with 300 K on the clock. On the subject of coatings, I was quoted first over $3,000 for exterior/interior protective coatings and then add LCT. But just for me they dropped this $1700 - big deal, but still attracted LCT of 33%!!!!! I am with you Monstar, a bit of polish and leather care and they come up looking magic. All the coatings in the world will not prevent stone chips which are more of bugbear than fine scratches etc. It's almost impossible to avoid stones and they do show up especially on the darker colours like your maroon.