Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I've got MRC (third generation?) in the GenF GTS and it's a wonderful system. I don't think it's the type of application you'd want for a hard core track setup (hence the V8 Supercar Supashock setup in the W1) but it's a great all rounder for a user adjustable system.
G'day SnowDoggyDog, Don't think we'll see too many W1's on a track but imagine how uncomfortable they'd be on the road, like driving an MSE stuck in track mode but probably harder, no thanks. Agreed, MRC offers flexibility without the need for compromise, its single biggest advantage.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
G'day SnowDoggyDog, Don't think we'll see too many W1's on a track but imagine how uncomfortable they'd be on the road, like driving an MSE stuck in track mode but probably harder, no thanks. Agreed, MRC offers flexibility without the need for compromise, its single biggest advantage.
Don't forget the tyres, the W1 is arguably unusable in the wet. There's a reason other manufacturers offer these tyres as track options not as the standard tyre.

Last edited:

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Don't forget the tyres, the W1 is arguably unusable in the wet. There's a reason other manufacturers offer these types as track options not as the standard tyre.
Hi EternityDre, Just wondering what you think of the sound quality from the Bose system, if I remember correctly there has been some criticism about it, also what is the clarity of the HUD like in bright sunlight? And a general question, Holden claims the LE's are the most track capable Holden's ever with their GM level 3 track certification yet they are speed limited to 240 or 260kph. Can this be turned off as I don't see the point of producing a car to go around corners like its on rails to have it bouncing off the speed limiter down the straights, is this a dumb question? am I missing something?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

I have a white Calais Director on order. I am located in Victoria and wish to get some personalised plates for it, do people know if I should order 2 x full size plates or 2 x slimline plates or 1 of each?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Commonwealth Motors Holden in Canberra are advertising on FB that they have a white Director available if anyone is interested. Number 332 of 360. I have no idea of price though.

Hi

SOLD!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Hi EternityDre, Just wondering what you think of the sound quality from the Bose system, if I remember correctly there has been some criticism about it, also what is the clarity of the HUD like in bright sunlight? And a general question, Holden claims the LE's are the most track capable Holden's ever with their GM level 3 track certification yet they are speed limited to 240 or 260kph. Can this be turned off as I don't see the point of producing a car to go around corners like its on rails to have it bouncing off the speed limiter down the straights, is this a dumb question? am I missing something?

Coming from a MY12 SV6 the sound quality is 20x better, can play music loud and it doesn't distort and the bass is crisp. I'm an audiophile and I think it sounds very good, certainly nothing like my powered studio monitors at home running through my receiver but about what I'd expect for a mid-level car system. I'm sure the systems you can option up in high end cars are better but they cost upwards of $5000!

I've got the HUD turned up full brightness and have yet to have any issues, I've never had an issue seeing it even in full sun.

I agree it sucks the MSE is speed limited but this has always been the case for Commodores as far as I know, I don't know why. On the Philip Island launch the MSEs were hitting max speed in 4th gear down the straight so they're definitely capable of far more. Perhaps someone with greater knowledge can answer this one.

Hi all
I have a white Calais Director on order. I am located in Victoria and wish to get some personalised plates for it, do people know if I should order 2 x full size plates or 2 x slimline plates or 1 of each?

This is personal preference, check back through this thread and look at images to decide what you prefer. I have 2 x full sized on mine and love it.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Heaps of motor sports coming out of factory, I guess with 1200 built not that rare.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Coming from a MY12 SV6 the sound quality is 20x better, can play music loud and it doesn't distort and the bass is crisp. I'm an audiophile and I think it sounds very good, certainly nothing like my powered studio monitors at home running through my receiver but about what I'd expect for a mid-level car system. I'm sure the systems you can option up in high end cars are better but they cost upwards of $5000!

I've got the HUD turned up full brightness and have yet to have any issues, I've never had an issue seeing it even in full sun.

I agree it sucks the MSE is speed limited but this has always been the case for Commodores as far as I know, I don't know why. On the Philip Island launch the MSEs were hitting max speed in 4th gear down the straight so they're definitely capable of far more. Perhaps someone with greater knowledge can answer this one.

This is personal preference, check back through this thread and look at images to decide what you prefer. I have 2 x full sized on mine and love it.
Thanks for the feedback, I suppose the next question is are HSV's limited to 240 also and if that's the case I don't know whether I'd be too happy forking out 170K for a W1 and have it limited to 240kph, only an issue if you intend to spend some track time but I know some are. I expect this is a government regulation.