Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I don't believe speed limiting is unusual Martin.

Plenty of performance euros are limited, generally to 155 mph from memory.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Since VE, all Holden's/HSV's have been limited to 250KPH, something to do with selling them in the UK.

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Had to get through the last break in kms in my car before the upgrade, ended up in Philip Island for sunset, not bad. More MSE photos or reviews people!

View attachment 193255 View attachment 193256 View attachment 193257
Looks awesome except for the pole in the background , unfortunately electricians notice stupid things like that , saw my first mse on the road today , in heron which is what our director will be in a couple of months , it's a bit sad how excited I was , hope your car is everything you thought it would be , saw a red one in a showroom a couple of weeks ago , looked exceptional

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Hi all

I have a white Calais Director on order. I am located in Victoria and wish to get some personalised plates for it, do people know if I should order 2 x full size plates or 2 x slimline plates or 1 of each?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
I'm waiting on the same car , I got 2 slimline , some other guys have full size , matter of opinion I guess , full size probably fills the back recess better and slimline sits nicer on the front bumper , so maybe one of each , if they're predominantly black they'll all look good on the white , that pretty much covers it and now you're probably more confused

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I'm waiting on the same car , I got 2 slimline , some other guys have full size , matter of opinion I guess , full size probably fills the back recess better and slimline sits nicer on the front bumper , so maybe one of each , if they're predominantly black they'll all look good on the white , that pretty much covers it and now you're probably more confused
I agree with the slim front/full back option. I have black Perspex ones with white letters and given that they are fitted to the phantom black sections, they blend in nicely regardless of the car colour and don't obstruct the air intake at the front

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
Hi all

I have a white Calais Director on order. I am located in Victoria and wish to get some personalised plates for it, do people know if I should order 2 x full size plates or 2 x slimline plates or 1 of each?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
I have a phantom MSE and got slim plates in front and full size rear.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I don't believe speed limiting is unusual Martin.

Plenty of performance euros are limited, generally to 155 mph from memory.
No, speed governing isn't unusual, just seems strange to build a track capable car (especially W1's etc) and never be able to get a best time. No doubt there is a way of disabling it, I'd imagine speed would be measured from one of the wheel ABS sensors.

GDS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SSVR - MSE
Hi all

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
When my Red Hot MSE arrives next month, it will have slim front and full size rear. Black plates with silver letters.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

For those in the know, is it to late to change the colour of a Calais Director and/or choose a different build number or are these both locked in as of now?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE