Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
$73,933 d/a for director here is SA, yes my backside hurts a bit but impossible to find another one, the dealer knows it, has 4 people lining up right behind me ready to pay at least that, a couple of grand extra over the next few years is nothing, we aren't buying these cars as a financial investment, we are buying these cars to salute the end of an era.
Yes it's new dealer stock LSA money, but I'm a Holden man, not hsv. HSV, I just don't want one
We we don't want to do is tell each other how we are getting ripped off, and what else we could buy, let's support each other and enjoy our cars without post purchase over analysis

Well said. We had the opportunity to snap up the director our dealer is getting so we did it. To be honest we would have paid what you did, but were lucky enough to get it a couple of grand cheaper. Like you said, over the life of the car who cares, just drive it any enjoy it, knowing you have a pretty rare last piece of holden history.

What colour are you thinking?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Well said. We had the opportunity to snap up the director our dealer is getting so we did it. To be honest we would have paid what you did, but were lucky enough to get it a couple of grand cheaper. Like you said, over the life of the car who cares, just drive it any enjoy it, knowing you have a pretty rare last piece of holden history.

What colour are you thinking?
No idea yet, white,silver or grey haha how about you?
Would have been nice if they had made one in each colour to help us choose
How about you?

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
No idea yet, white,silver or grey haha how about you?
Would have been nice if they had made one in each colour to help us choose
How about you?

Same as you, white, grey or silver :) Hard to choose at the moment, best we can do is look at some redlines or motorsports in the flesh in those colours as they come in and go from there.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Stung is an understatement!!!!!!

A large Melbourne dealer just sold an auto MSE for over 76k orc with only paint and the car cover as an option.

WOW, I wonder if Holden are aware of this practice? Keep posting up your prices guys and help others get a fair deal.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
WOW, I wonder if Holden are aware of this practice? Keep posting up your prices guys and help others get a fair deal.

The dealer I saw this morning said they sold a Director for $78k. He also said that some other dealers were going to auction their cars. Is that even allowed?

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I
i have heard from a couple of dealers that Holden have not capped dealer delivery for MY17 v8s (at least), allowing the dealers to profiteer as they see fit essentially. My dealer has even bumped MY17 redline dealer delivery up to $2500!!!!!

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Crazy to be buying these at those prices!!

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride

BULLIT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus ISF
New to forum but have been following the threads on the Limited Edition models and gained a lot of knowledge from this forum.
Just walked into my local Holden dealer 2 hours ago and unbelievably their Director was still available. Put a deposit down and paid $72,647 Drive Away which included a ridiculous $4,000 Dealer Delivery fee, when questioned he said go try find another one, I think it was the last one left in Australia. Still deciding on colour

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
New to forum but have been following the threads on the Limited Edition models and gained a lot of knowledge from this forum.
Just walked into my local Holden dealer 2 hours ago and unbelievably their Director was still available. Put a deposit down and paid $72,647 Drive Away which included a ridiculous $4,000 Dealer Delivery fee, when questioned he said go try find another one, I think it was the last one left in Australia. Still deciding on colour
Well done mate! You lucky bugger, I pretty much rang every dealer in SA to try and get a better deal, but to no avail. Dealer GM swore black and blue he will look after me on parts and services, he said the DP made the decision on what to charge for dealer delivery on the specials months before the release, and would not budge an inch on that decision

Last edited: