Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Email from Holden to Dealers:

Limited Edition Packs – Motorsport/Director/Magnum
The first of the limited editions – Motorsport, for June production, have been allocated to dealer codes this week. More allocations will take place through to the July – October period..
Magnum will commence production in July and Director will commence production in August.
It is imperative we have the customer details added to each order as soon as possible.
A customer email address is required for each GMON. Please ensure the email data is correct.
The email address and the GMON will form the user name and password to access a website being developed to allow customers to select a build number for their vehicle. Number selection is specific to each model and will be on a ‘first in’ basis. There is no ability to ‘pre-reserve’ a number. The website will only be open for a short time – expected to be early May.
The details of the process will be sent via a Bulletin to dealers when the website is ready to go. The CRM team will communicate directly with the customers, using the name and address data as displayed in SOM.

Last edited:

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Hi All
I was just talking with my sales Manager today and he has:
1 X MSE Auto Whilte (Heron) with 1 week to finalise factory options
1 X MSE Manual Phantom (Black)
1 X MSE manual with colour & options of your choice for 3rd quarter delivery
He's asking normal prices (like SA) and will look after you if you mention you saw this on the forum
He's a NSW Sydney Based Dealer (EEL's country)
Ask for Manav on (02) 9912 2069
Even if you're not happy with your dealer price speak to him and he'll help you out with what he got.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi All
I was just talking with my sales Manager today and he has:
1 X MSE Auto Whilte (Heron) with 1 week to finalise factory options
1 X MSE Manual Phantom (Black)
1 X MSE manual with colour & options of your choice for 3rd quarter delivery
He's asking normal prices (like SA) and will look after you if you mention you saw this on the forum
He's a NSW Sydney Based Dealer (EEL's country)
Ask for Manav on (02) 9912 2069
Even if you're not happy with your dealer price speak to him and he'll help you out with what he got.
thanks for the advice mate

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Email form Holden to Dealers:

The first of the limited editions – Motorsport, for June production, have been allocated to dealer codes this week. More allocations will take place through to the July – October period..
Magnum will commence production in July and Director will commence production in August.
It is imperative we have the customer details added to each order as soon as possible.
A customer email address is required for each GMON. Please ensure the email data is correct.
The email address and the GMON will form the user name and password to access a website being developed to allow customers to select a build number for their vehicle. Number selection is specific to each model and will be on a ‘first in’ basis. There is no ability to ‘pre-reserve’ a number. The website will only be open for a short time – expected to be early May.
The details of the process will be sent via a Bulletin to dealers when the website is ready to go. The CRM team will communicate directly with the customers, using the name and address data as displayed in SOM.
Just been thinking about this whole build number, I contacted my dealer and asked if he could email someone who is orgainsing this, as my only thinking is if you pick build number 80 but in theory your MSE is actually the 23 car to come off the line in sequence, then really the build number 80 is fake and the true build number is 23 and that number should apply to that car. What are peoples thoughts?

Also just wondering those of us with first round builds can only select from build numbers 1-100 then July build numbers will be 200-300?

Because the way it is worded in the email is when you log onto the website there will be a range of numbers for to pick from that are still available, but I wonder if they will be batched to make the build number genuine and not fake.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just been thinking about this whole build number, I contacted my dealer and asked if he could email someone who is orgainsing this, as my only thinking is if you pick build number 80 but in theory your MSE is actually the 23 car to come off the line in sequence, then really the build number 80 is fake and the true build number is 23 and that number should apply to that car. What are peoples thoughts?

Also just wondering those of us with first round builds can only select from build numbers 1-100 then July build numbers will be 200-300?

Because the way it is worded in the email is when you log onto the website there will be a range of numbers for to pick from that are still available, but I wonder if they will be batched to make the build number genuine and not fake.

Even if batched, the numbers would still be somewhat arbitrary in terms of their correlation with the sequence the cars roll of the production line. I suppose they need to be considered as a "build allocation number"? There will obviously be cars with build numbers out of sequence with their build dates. Personally I'm happy enough with that. Assuming I get one of the dozen or so numbers on my wish list!

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Thanks SC and 426Cuda

And he's willing to organise the interm permit to drive you car interstate if needed

Matphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
Email form Holden to Dealers:

THANK YOU! My dealer has NFI!

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon

I'm pretty sure ford did the same thing with the sprints, I stumbled across a falcon forum where a bloke who had a very late build number had a build date earlier than another bloke who had an earlier build number
The build number doesn't really mean anything, just a number. If Holden are going to try and charge for the right to secure a specific number I will just get what I'm given

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
To me the built number is not much significant, though no.1 is and no.1200 also.
I can't see much more than that which in MHO no.1 goes to Holden museum and no.1200 up for auction for charity.
there will be some here who may have a number because its significant to them.
in the end its just personal and may not mean much to the collector, just have to look at the old collectors ie GTHO's Torrana's SLR 5000 and the likes