Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm sure if enough of us go to a business like www.kayautomotive.com they may make some sort of graphic decal for us in a large order.
That may depend on how litigious GM are likely to get ... someone in the US started doing repro "Nordic War Stripes" vinyls from the 1985-1986 Group A Volvo 240 Turbo, and Volvo threatened to sue for IP ownership violation.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That may depend on how litigious GM are likely to get ... someone in the US started doing repro "Nordic War Stripes" vinyls from the 1985-1986 Group A Volvo 240 Turbo, and Volvo threatened to sue for IP ownership violation.
Someone company made coloured plastic cover replacements for the new PS5 and got Sony lawyers up the wazoo with their cease and desist letters in hand... so they dropped that product from their wares. Sony still doesn’t provide such user fashion accessories so it’s customers were annoyed that that option was taken from them.

Seems IP (design) law has gotten out of hand...

Mind you 10 years ago I had no issue getting a company to make a complete copy of a factory stripe set for one car I had. where the manufacturer no longer had parts in stock (and NOS was impossible to find). But @ $1k for one set and oddly $1.1k for 10 sets I declined as it was way too costly so I found an alternative panel repair solution. One offs probably won’t get the IP owners in a tiff, they won’t know. Starting a business to sell a product in quantity probably will :oops:

StanHurley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MOTORSPORT EDN.
Will have a look today after work
Sorry Skylarking, but I couldn’t couldn’t get a good pic of the shock. It all seems nice & clean looking at parts of it through the wheel, and underneath through the front, but I’ll ask the question when I take her in tomorrow.
It’s reassuring to know that crucial parts are available (though it did take 4 weeks to arrive in Perth)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

StanHurley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MOTORSPORT EDN.
Hi Skylarking,
To answer your query, the service dept at the dealership responded that fluid needs to leak 50% down the shaft of the shock before it becomes a warranty claim. Hope this helps.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

mxp_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Searching ....
Just wondering if anyone knows what's happening with the MSE's?

Currently 7 for sale on carsales website, with the cheapest at 120k and the most expensive at 189k

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Just wondering if anyone knows what's happening with the MSE's?

Currently 7 for sale on carsales website, with the cheapest at 120k and the most expensive at 189k
Nothing. At that asking price they will pickle on there for a long time