Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Guys, I find the red mirror endcaps and the bonnet decals hideous. I have ordered an MSE but are still to decide on the colour due to these matters. I know some members find them beautiful but everyone to their own. I am just wondering if it possible to swap the red mirror end caps for standard black ones at a later stage. The bonnets decals are stuck onto the paint so I assume they could not be easily removed.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Nha my heart is still with white. I could get green and add the red, but then it wouldnt be factory and wouldnt be an option that Holden offered. Im very strick about making sure everything is standard or an approved holden accessory/option with my cars.
Good to hear.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I found a hunter valley dealer who was selling a magnum for 72k and a director for 76k plus ORC and a southern tablelands dealer who was holding onto 2 MSE and a director. This dealer indicated that he was holding onto these vehicles until holden closes in October and then intends to sell them to the highest bidder. What a scumbag.

I know of a Melbourne dealer on the Mornington peninsula who is doing the same, holding all limited edition stock until Holden closes , then the will no doubt go to the ingest bidder

Ben Gibson at ferntree gully Holden in Melbourne is the man to go to if you want a Motorsport
At normal price, I believe he may have 4 left as of last Saturday

If I can identify the dealer mentioned in the hunter valley I will get my mate to call him and put the money down on the 76 director and transport it to Melbourne. , he can then walk away from his 94k Director that a Melbourne dealer stitched him on, as he has only put 1k down
Can they hold him to a contact with 1k down, as cooling off has expired, advice please

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Thanks to the guys who made available and uploaded the document to dropbox. I note the limited editions pdf previously available indicates the SOAG MSE is equipped with black mirror endcaps but the dropbox document shows the SOAG MSE with red endcaps. Can anyone confirm which is correct.

Only red and green have the grey/black theme now. I have just ordered my mse and chosen the red after being set on soag for this reason. I personally want to keep my car as original as possible except lowering it an inch or so if the MRC allows and also didn't like the red mirror caps

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Heron White with grey decals and the red highlights on the alloys and red centre caps. Probably a bit too much collingwood.

But wouldnt it be awesome to choose the colour you want along with what decals you want. That would really make it personal and no doubt give one off colour combos

It looks awesome Coach. No greater contrast than b&w. The red highlights, just finish it off perfectly.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
A FEW MOTORSPORTS AVAILABLE!

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT MY CONTACT AT FERNTREE GULLY HOLDEN IN MELBOURNE HAS THE FOLLOWING STOCK OF MOTORSPORTS AVAILABLE AS OF THIS MORNING ( I JUST RECIEVED THIS EMAIL FROM HIM)
IF YOU ARE AFTER ONE , OR KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR ONE, LET THEM KNOW.

I AM NOT SURE IF THEY CAN TRANSPORT INTERSTATE ,BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK

I HOPE THIS HELPS

upload_2017-3-16_9-40-26.png

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
A FEW MOTORSPORTS AVAILABLE!

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT MY CONTACT AT FERNTREE GULLY HOLDEN IN MELBOURNE HAS THE FOLLOWING STOCK OF MOTORSPORTS AVAILABLE AS OF THIS MORNING ( I JUST RECIEVED THIS EMAIL FROM HIM)
IF YOU ARE AFTER ONE , OR KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR ONE, LET THEM KNOW.

I AM NOT SURE IF THEY CAN TRANSPORT INTERSTATE ,BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK

I HOPE THIS HELPS

View attachment 190882

I guess some people have realised that 70+K for a commodore is a bit much.

Wonder how many a really available atm not sold

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I guess some people have realised that 70+K for a commodore is a bit much.

Wonder how many a really available atm not sold
I think it's more likely ones which had been set aside for Holden employees, which have now been reallocated to the bigger dealers.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
My understanding is that the stock that wasn't taken up by Holden employees
Has been distributed to the 34 top dealers in the country ( a few units each).
All Of the limited editions that are to be built are now out in the public.Holden do not have any, none for more releases, no last limited editions 2.0, none. As my motoring journalist contact put it...this is it, there is no more.

All of the dealers I have spoken to have said the amount of v8's allocated to them is generally less than half of what they got last year, some are saying by June, thier V8 stock of anything,ie Calais, Wagon, SS, anything will be gone.

Some may say that 70+ is a lot for a commodore, my thinking
We are going to pay 56k for anything Holden in a V8,anyway so for 14-20k to own a piece of motoring history alone, even before the upgrades the ie suspension etc, my thinking is that it's exceptional value

Kiwikev4169

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze
Big thanks to Martin from my partner and I for posting the various colours the other day, originally we chose the Red Hot but were unsure pretty much from the get go, constantly tossing up between that and the Heron White. After seeing the photos and having comparable photos (same light/angle) we made a last minute change yesterday Avo to go with Heron White and couldn't be happier with making the change.

And today, got the call we are all looking forward to, car is scheduled for August build with delivery Mid September! Countdown begins!