Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Me :)

Interested to know if many people asked if a director was available first before going for a motorsport.

No. But I knew they didn't have one. I LOVE the Director but. Oh, and let's face it both the Director and the Magnum names **** all over "Motorsport". It's the only thing I dislike about the car. So many great heritage names to choose from and that's the best they could come up with? I know it embodies all things car racing, but...

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Good deal mate. I paid too much
Cuda you got it ordered don't worry about the price, just think about cruising round in your new car that's all that matters really

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
No. But I knew they didn't have one. I LOVE the Director but. Oh, and let's face it both the Director and the Magnum names **** all over "Motorsport". It's the only thing I dislike about the car. So many great heritage names to choose from and that's the best they could come up with? I know it embodies all things car racing, but...

I'm hearin ya, to me though I here the name director and think of the greatest ever - Brock, and don't worry about the rest of the bullshit associated with it.

JT23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 motorsport
Hi guys I haven't posted before. I got one from Rosebery MSE Manual no options for $68.8k
Ordered it on Saturday morning he had 3 left when I placed my order.
They have one left I've been told speak to Dejan (dion ) if anyone is keen

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Me :)

Interested to know if many people asked if a director was available first before going for a motorsport.
I put down a deposit for a redline in early December, with the option to upgrade to either director or motorsport, once it was disclosed on here early Jan that each dealer would only get 1 director, I made sure I was first in line for the director, with option to change to motorsport at will. I was a bit nervous how the front of the director would look given it has that Calais front end, the blacked out grille did enough for me to pull the trigger on the day of launch 19/1/17
Pretty stoked, now I gotta get new rollerdoors so she has somewhere to live haha

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm hearin ya, to me though I here the name director and think of the greatest ever - Brock, and don't worry about the rest of the bullshit associated with it.

Yep agree 100% mate. Director and Magnum are cool names. PP? yep, my youngest Son is named after him!

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Yep agree 100% mate. Director and Magnum are cool names. PP? yep, my youngest Son is named after him!

Nice, I named my first dog I owned after him, still miss my boy. And that bloke is a legend. I'm sorta glad they named one of the last Aus built holdens in his name sake in a roundabout kind of way. Maybe not the right circumstances for the purists but hey, better than nothing...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice, I named my first dog I owned after him, still miss my boy. And that bloke is a legend. I'm sorta glad they named one of the last Aus built holdens in his name sake in a roundabout kind of way. Maybe not the right circumstances for the purists but hey, better than nothing...

Yeah, nice one mate.
Maybe my admiration for Brock explains why I've never bought a HSV? Despite loving them! Some subconscious thing lol. Who knows?
Despite no name sake, the MSE is at least built in the Brocky "boy racer: ilk hey. Like say, the VH Group 3.
Plus you gotta love that KOM RPO code. I like to think, rightly or wrongly that it's a direct reference to Brock, even more so than the all conquering Commodore. Body by Holden, soul by Chev, spirit by Brock! Without him, these cars wouldn't exist.
When I bought my Redline the bloody salesman drove it out of the showroom. Not this time. I'll be taking that honour, with my boys in there too, and Midnight Oil's King of the Mountain pumping through those Bose speakers. Can't wait!!!

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Thanks PSISLE. What did you end up buying?
I have the Dealer Product information guide on all Limited Edition models if anyone would like it (43 pages).
Hi BULLIT,

Pm sent regarding this info. Cheers mate