Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Does anyone has a photo of red Motorsport with a spoiler ? And any idea on what colour options spoilers come in .

Thanks
The spoiler comes in black but my dealer did ask me if i wanted it coloured coded or not, but I said I would like it black say like it states in the product info guide.

Happyjoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Having seen the photos of the bonnet decal I'm glad I chose not to get it on my MSE, its too busy and the colour doesn't match the roof and other black bits IMO.
I agree also for a MSE because of the decal but no decal on Director right?
I would never normally go black but the LE's are something special! If its not a everyday ride?

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
To me, it's still a unique code for each vehicle, placed at the factory. I honestly don't see that it makes much difference, that it doesn't correlate to when it rolls off the line.
00005 as an example, is still going to be as relevant to the initial (me :D), or future owner.
Just my opinion.
Mine will correlate the month and year I was born just to make it extra special to me (ME) and Second pref. Brockies birthdate of we can get it 26245

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Mine will correlate the month and year I was born just to make it extra special to me (ME) and Second pref. Brockies birthdate of we can get it 26245
Out of interest, were you born in January?

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Just saw this..... now im back to thinking spitfire

Hey SuperCoach, given you has some great insights to this whole process, do you know how they go about minimising the Ks on these cars to point of delivery, I know usually it can be as much as 30-40ks on a new car, will these limited edition cars be any different or is it the testing process that puts them on, surely the Ks put on from going to a carpark or two would or should not be that many, NOPD ? Any different ?

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Does anyone has a photo of red Motorsport with a spoiler ? And any idea on what colour options spoilers come in .

Thanks
Checkout the Craig Lowndes limited edition cars, plenty of rear end shots that are extremely close to the MSE

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Yeah. No guts, no glory haha. Or something like that. I still think the black needs a touch of chrome. Just my opinion. Looks awesome though.
I thought you were set on nitrate? Good to hear yet another has struggled with colour choice.;)
Yes I thought that was the safest. Then thought what the hell!!! It will contrast with the STD Heron White Redline we already have.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
My
Hey Cuda, I can't confirm my info 100% but it comes from within Holden, I won't say any more than that. The next engine for the commodore was to be the Gen V, direct injection, variable cam timing, dry sump and 343kw's in standard form. One interesting point that's worthwhile to share with perspective SS owners is the driveline endurance testing. Chevrolet required the SS to pass 200 consecutive standing quarter starts without anything breaking, passed with flying colours thought the many sets of tyres didn't. So next time you consider planting you right foot feel assured it wont break, but it will wear faster if that of any concern to you. I remember you could pick up a 340 charger for next to nothing (no six pack) many years ago. A mate put his E49 up against one in a back street near home, the 340 was pretty quick. He offered me his E49 for 7K at one stage, if we only knew hey:)
My VJ E55 ran 14.6 at Adelaide International stock standard except for Genie extractors and hidden Lukey twin exhaust. Final drive was either 2.72 or 2.92.