Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
My

My VJ E55 ran 14.6 at Adelaide International stock standard except for Genie extractors and hidden Lukey twin exhaust. Final drive was either 2.72 or 2.92.
2.92. Still got it?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hey SuperCoach, given you has some great insights to this whole process, do you know how they go about minimising the Ks on these cars to point of delivery, I know usually it can be as much as 30-40ks on a new car, will these limited edition cars be any different or is it the testing process that puts them on, surely the Ks put on from going to a carpark or two would or should not be that many, NOPD ? Any different ?

The only way to try minimises km is the car not getting picked for a GCA. Km get put on the car if the dealer drives it to the tint place then to the tyre place then to the paint protection place.

I optioned NOPD on my MY16 Redline and it got delivered with 10km on the clock from factory because I had a GCA done on the car. (I was there watching the guy off loaded it off the truck) Then when i picked it up from the showroom it read 11km as i think the dealer just needed to take it around the block for its test drive.

30-40km is a bit excessive and your dealer has been driving your car around the place.

If you option your car NOPD then it should be 10km or under, anything higher like 20km I would be questioning it.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
so I asked the question and got a NO. But perhaps if all owners messaged or said they wanted something, they might actually print some brochures for us to keep?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
My

My VJ E55 ran 14.6 at Adelaide International stock standard except for Genie extractors and hidden Lukey twin exhaust. Final drive was either 2.72 or 2.92.
Hi HemiMagic, 14.6 sounds about right, there wasn't much in it against the E49 which I think was a 14.9 car, (and the weather conditions at the time were shocking). I reckon the only way my mate beat it was the fact he is an absolute psycho behind the wheel. They would have been a weapon with a work over.

Parso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline S2
Hey All,
Newbie here. Ordered a MSE as soon as i heard..... can't wait...

Maester

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
Does anyone have the model ID code for the MSE (Manual)?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi HemiMagic, 14.6 sounds about right, there wasn't much in it against the E49 which I think was a 14.9 car, (and the weather conditions at the time were shocking). I reckon the only way my mate beat it was the fact he is an absolute psycho behind the wheel. They would have been a weapon with a work over.
Nah mate, the E49 was a lot quicker. The E55 was choked and ran in the 15's in factory trim. Lots of potential. But with a stock auto (no manual), an exhaust like a drinking straw and no external, go fast breathing bits. It was, well a little asthmatic. 15.5 was about the best. Still on par with an auto Phase 2 but. But what potential! All the great features of the LA 340 just waiting to be unlocked. Steel crank, 4.04" bore, internally balanced, 318 stroke, 2.02" valves, rev, rev rev!
The E49 was in another class altogether though. Power, acceleration, braking, handling. This machine had the measure of every V8 muscle car made here, including the PH III. Not to mention the majority of American big blocks. It was the fastest accelerating 6 cyl in the world for many years, and the fastest in Aus for 27 years! Until the VS 5.7L GTS.
That said. I would still find it hard to pass up an E55 for an E49. I loves me 8's! I would but, especially an E49 big tank!!! It remains the number 1 old school muscle car this country ever produced. Just Google how it dominated the NZ tracks right through the 1970's. The V8's including the PH III HO's, Stang's and all manner of Generals couldn't hold a candle to it.
Back to the thread (sorry all!).

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Nah mate, the E49 was a lot quicker. The E55 was choked and ran in the 15's in factory trim. Lots of potential. But with a stock auto (no manual), an exhaust like a drinking straw and no external, go fast breathing bits. It was, well a little asthmatic. 15.5 was about the best. Still on par with an auto Phase 2 but. But what potential! All the great features of the LA 340 just waiting to be unlocked. Steel crank, 4.04" bore, internally balanced, 318 stroke, 2.02" valves, rev, rev rev!
The E49 was in another class altogether though. Power, acceleration, braking, handling. This machine had the measure of every V8 muscle car made here, including the PH III. Not to mention the majority of American big blocks. It was the fastest accelerating 6 cyl in the world for many years, and the fastest in Aus for 27 years! Until the VS 5.7L GTS.
That said. I would still find it hard to pass up an E55 for an E49. I loves me 8's! I would but, especially an E49 big tank!!! It remains the number 1 old school muscle car this country ever produced. Just Google how it dominated the NZ tracks right through the 1970's. The V8's including the PH III HO's, Stang's and all manner of Generals couldn't hold a candle to it.
Ha Cuda, you don't need much prodding for the true mopar man to come out:) The E55 I was referring to was 2nd hand, don't know what had been done to it but it didn't look or sound standard. There was a traction issue on the day (wet) but we were all surprised how it went. Anyway, like you said, back to the thread.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
The only way to try minimises km is the car not getting picked for a GCA. Km get put on the car if the dealer drives it to the tint place then to the tyre place then to the paint protection place.

I optioned NOPD on my MY16 Redline and it got delivered with 10km on the clock from factory because I had a GCA done on the car. (I was there watching the guy off loaded it off the truck) Then when i picked it up from the showroom it read 11km as i think the dealer just needed to take it around the block for its test drive.

30-40km is a bit excessive and your dealer has been driving your car around the place.

If you option your car NOPD then it should be 10km or under, anything higher like 20km I would be questioning it.
Cheers SuperCoach, I have optioned or at least paid for the perfextion package which includes the window tint, interior and paint protection, I was under the impression it was done at the dealer ? But I will ask that question, but I'm ok with 10-15 Ks, I get that, but my last 2 company cars had an ave of about 25k. I didn't go for the NOPD , if I did they could not offer the protection pack, they would save me 2.5k , another question, insurance on a NOPD / unregistered car ? Is that possible ? Thanks mate, appreciate your thoughts

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
The best elapsed time I ever saw for a stock E55 was a VH charger in Wheels (or maybe Motor); it ran 15.2@96mph. That's with a 727, 2.92 conventional rear, single 2" pipe, and power steering. Note that the first VH E55s ran 10.0:1 comp, but he later ones, and all the VJs ran 9.2ish. Re E49 vs Phase III, the Chargers were better all rounders, but HOs had significantly higher power/weights - don't be fooled by the road tests achieving 14.2 for the Charger and 14.8 for the Falcon - the HOs crossed the line a few mph faster. I recall fellas with a stock HOs running slicks, 3.25s, and pulling consistent low 13s: traction was the issue with the road versions.
Anyways, back to this century and Holden, my dealer called me today and announced April 7th will be the final day I can alter colours, options etc - my MSE is scheduled for October delivery. Which is just as well since I still haven't saved up the 70 large!