Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Spitfire Motorsport.jpg
426cuda and Sabman57 et al - guess you have seen the Spitfire Motorsport on the Holden GA facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/Holden-General-Assembly-434722743365453/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED (there are 4 photos altogether)

Last edited:

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hey everyone, I thought I'd garner some opinions re taillights. In discussion with family and friends - the interested ones - I've suggested that I would prefer the SV6 taillights on the MSE rather than the SSVR ones. I suspect the swap would be as easy as plug and play. I think the Chev SSs use the SV6-type lights as well (I may be wrong here).
Any ideas/opinions?

Hi ProfMopar,

I came across some pics of a LMF Chev SS which has the s1 tail lights and to be honest I was shocked at how bland it looked in comparison to mine.
Each to thier own but I certainly wouldn't be messing with the tail lights, especially on something like an MSE.

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
How comfortable are the new seats?
I didn't take note on the actual cushion in them, but they felt better than the standard redline seats.

Bolsters are much more noticeable but not as intruding as on the HSV's, id say the seat will hold up a bit better.

i kind of forgot about the little features , so it was nice to remember the heated seats and memory seating.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi ProfMopar,

I came across some pics of a LMF Chev SS which has the s1 tail lights and to be honest I was shocked at how bland it looked in comparison to mine.
Each to thier own but I certainly wouldn't be messing with the tail lights, especially on something like an MSE.
I think you're right Zero. I.E I won't mess with them. Keen to see ProfMopar's though...
Can you share the pic?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I think you're right Zero. I.E I won't mess with them. Keen to see ProfMopar's though...
Can you share the pic?
No worries Cuda. Even the body coloured lip spoiler doesn't look right IMO. The black looks so much better.
13971000284.jpg

IMG_8279_zpsal9icxv4.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I see what you mean Zero.
But, I do think the S2 lights and black spoiler suit some colours better than others. Mainly the lighter colours. I reckon my S1 looks better with the S1 taillights and body coloured spoler. Where as say, a white or red one would look better with S2 lights and a black spoiler.
received_1167756243370730.jpeg

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hmm, 25mm difference between 19's and 20's in diameter should result in a 12.7mm change in radius. If the MSE and redline are the same on 20's at 125mm, the redline should be 137.7mm (say 138) front and rear on 19's.

I just measured my Redline on the 19's using GTR69 method and I got 143mm frt and 137mm rear (full fuel). Every car will be slightly different due to manufacturing tollerances. I think my spring's are on the high end of the tollerance :(

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I didn't take note on the actual cushion in them, but they felt better than the standard redline seats.

Bolsters are much more noticeable but not as intruding as on the HSV's, id say the seat will hold up a bit better.

i kind of forgot about the little features , so it was nice to remember the heated seats and memory seating.

Thanks for the insight. I've always liked those seats ever since Holden used them on the chevy SS import. What I don't understand is why not leave the SS logo on the seat or even Motorsport? I've always wanted to buy those seats but would you say the HSV seats are more comfortable?