Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
anyone know of any Red Hot Motorsports still for sale at dealers? I know Newcastle City and City Holden Adelaide do, but looking for a better price, rather than getting ripped off.
I believe there is a Red Hot Manual and Red Hot Auto Motorsports ( as well as a Spitfire) at Central Coast Holden, Tuggerah NSW.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
G'day Cuda, well done, it is a good read but still waiting on someone to do a proper road test on one/all of the LE's. Saw my first MSE on the road today, Spitfire, on the back of a trailer with its production line stickers on it. I expect that's probably as close to being driven as that example will probably see. Also saw a range of different coloured MSE's for sale at Frankston Holden as I drove past the other day, pretty sure they had a Director as well. Obviously asking stupid prices for them. You were talking about getting some performance mods for your car once delivered, have you arranged for anything yet?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
G'day Cuda, well done, it is a good read but still waiting on someone to do a proper road test on one/all of the LE's. Saw my first MSE on the road today, Spitfire, on the back of a trailer with its production line stickers on it. I expect that's probably as close to being driven as that example will probably see. Also saw a range of different coloured MSE's for sale at Frankston Holden as I drove past the other day, pretty sure they had a Director as well. Obviously asking stupid prices for them. You were talking about getting some performance mods for your car once delivered, have you arranged for anything yet?
Hey Martin,
Good to see you back.
Yeah a proper write up would be good hey. Maybe drive all 3 LE's on a road trip, then around a track. Can't see it happening now though...Fingers crossed.
No mods yet. The oil cooler / header issue put a halt on things. Then I had to fork ot $20k for the balloon on my Redline, amongst other things. So, I'm waiting for the bank account to build up again. Then I'll be going for OTR, 1-3/4"
4-1's, 200 cpi cats, 2-1/2" mid secton,
bi-modals and a tune. I"ll probably buy the bits before Xmas and get them fitted and tuned in Jan when I have some time off.
How's your beast going?

The Spitfire caugh your eye hey? Striking isn't it. Hehe;)

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hey Martin,
Good to see you back.
Yeah a proper write up would be good hey. Maybe drive all 3 LE's on a road trip, then around a track. Can't see it happening now though...Fingers crossed.
No mods yet. The oil cooler / header issue put a halt on things. Then I had to fork ot $20k for the balloon on my Redline, amongst other things. So, I'm waiting for the bank account to build up again. Then I'll be going for OTR, 1-3/4"
4-1's, 200 cpi cats, 2-1/2" mid secton,
bi-modals and a tune. I"ll probably buy the bits before Xmas and get them fitted and tuned in Jan when I have some time off.
How's your beast going?

The Spitfire caugh your eye hey? Striking isn't it. Hehe;)
Haven't really been away, just haven't had much to add, forum traffic has slowed down now everyone has their cars. What was the issue with the oil cooler and exhaust manifold?
My beast is doing just fine, thanks for asking. Love driving it, its a blast, especially in relation to the throttle response. The old LS3 loves to rev, during the run in period catching in time in the lower gears can be a challenge, buts that's all part of the fun hey. Wish I had more time behind the wheel, maybe over Christmas.
So you're going for what Harrop would refer to as the stage 2 upgrade, about 370kw's? That represents about a 24% increase in power, something you'll certainly notice in seat-of-the-pants acceleration, I'll be interested to hear you feedback once its all done and good on you for arranging the parts and tune yourself, some of the prices these performance outfits are charging is over the top.
Yes the spitfire certainly does stand out, has a real depth to the colour as well, as does the red.

Alchemistry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, VF Calais V, VF II Director
Have a read of the windscreen rattle/squeak forum.
Update on Dash Squeaks: Silicone oiled the door sealing rubbers. Magic. All those dash rattles have gone. Why it sounded as if the source was the dash area, I don't know, but it certainly was not intuitive to lubricate the door rubbers, but it really worked.