Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Great pics!

How do I find out when these meets are happening? I'd love to drive down & be involved sometime.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Great pics! How do I find out when these meets are happening? I'd love to drive down & be involved sometime.

There are 3 different Facebook groups for the limited editions, are you in any of those? That's the main place the proving day event was organised.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes agreed @Holden17

Pity those days are over. Now performance v8 sedans = $$$$$$$$$ after the distributors self imposed tax is added thus pushing up the price when compared to other countries :oops:

Enjoy your cars and please don’t prang them :cool:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yes agreed @Holden17

Pity those days are over. Now performance v8 sedans = $$$$$$$$$ after the distributors self imposed tax is added thus pushing up the price when compared to other countries :oops:

Enjoy your cars and please don’t prang them :cool:
Cheers mate. I really feel most for the future driving generations of Oz...at least those of us who wanted a fantastic Aussie RWD V8 over a cookie cutter SUV, FWD/AWD 4cylinder turbo hatchback/ ute/truck etc. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could import a similar large BFYB vehicle in a similar price range....I know we’ve been over & over this but I still can’t fully comprehend those days are over.
Oh well, another generation or two and we’ll all be driving (or being driven around in) cookie cutter EVs I guess

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I know we’ve been over & over this but I still can’t fully comprehend those days are over.

This. Go back just four or five years and who the f_ck amongst us laypeople would have thought we'd have no vehicle manufacturing in this country. I get there were reasons most of us will likely never be fully aware of, but like the other average Joe's in the street, I'd kill to have Holden manufacturing ops back in action tomorrow.

And if I were to be blatantly honest, I'd love to see Ford at Broadmeadows going again too. We will always have our blue and red rivalry, but I think the majority of us are mature enough to recognise that the blue oval turned out some cracking cars here over the years too. It's a bloody tragedy that it's all gone.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
This. Go back just four or five years and who the f_ck amongst us laypeople would have thought we'd have no vehicle manufacturing in this country. I get there were reasons most of us will likely never be fully aware of, but like the other average Joe's in the street, I'd kill to have Holden manufacturing ops back in action tomorrow.

And if I were to be blatantly honest, I'd love to see Ford at Broadmeadows going again too. We will always have our blue and red rivalry, but I think the majority of us are mature enough to recognise that the blue oval turned out some cracking cars here over the years too. It's a bloody tragedy that it's all gone.
Too right...we’ve some of the best designers & engineers in the world and now they’re just fiddling and tweaking mediocre vehicles for Oz or higher end international stuff that we’ll never see here...a whole segment of Aussie history, ingenuity and culture just chopped off in its prime.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Too right...we’ve some of the best designers & engineers in the world and now they’re just fiddling and tweaking mediocre vehicles for Oz or higher end international stuff that we’ll never see here...a whole segment of Aussie history, ingenuity and culture just chopped off in its prime.

Bingo, so sad :(

Rodders26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary, VF Motorsport Edition.
Great pics mate, and looks like a top day was had by all :)

Just one thing, I wonder if it's worthwhile obscuring the numberplates though?
Given the desirability of the cars, a lot of owners may get a little antsy about
having their plates on a forum like this, particularly if they haven't given the
go ahead.

Not having a go at you by any means, just something you might want to consider.

No worries. Fixed.

dragonsroos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
Couldn't insu
I got quotes from lots of companies via the web so providing any reason, plausible or not is not in their DNA. Can’t even remember which company it was now.
Couldn't insure mine for agreed value with NRMA(been with them for 40years) they only go what is for sale and average the price, then do bottom and top price(presume on km's, age of vehicle, claims etc.) Went with Shannons, no problems.