Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Hey, thanks for that 3rspecB. As an owner of a Nitrate MSE with the big spoiler, I ordered one of these for the mantlepiece.

By the way, I saw in Motor magazine the breakdown in the LEs production numbers. As an owner of one the 60 Nitrate MSEs, I was wondering if anyone knows how many were optioned with the big spoiler, and if anyone has the breakdown of all the options etc?
I apologise if this is all stated somewhere within this mighty forum. I don't get on here much these days with work an' all.

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
Hi guys

Hoping for a bit of advice or help on this from other motorsport owners. I have been experiencing a lot of noise within the cabin including creaks, rattles etc. Have taken back to the dealer and they have replaced the striker on the passenger front door but it does not appear to have fixed the problems. I drive the car in sport mode mainly and I appreciate the suspension is meant to be stiff but the littlest of bumps or holes in the road are really felt and heard in the car, is anyone else experiencing similar or any suggestions on what problems I might be having that I need to look at.

The dealership are trying to justify the noise by telling me its a sports car and its normal but I have had a number of SS's and Clubsports over the years and what I am hearing when driving the car is definitely not normal. I just want the problems sorted so I can get back to enjoying the car. Any advise would be appreciated. I have been in contact with Holden Customer Care as well and they are looking into it, I did ask to see if they had anyone who was experienced with the Motorsport to come and test the car but apparently thats not an option. Any suggestions as to maybe someone I should take the car to in Sydney area to inspect and offer their opinion so I can give some different feedback to Holden that might be different to what the Service dept at the dealer is currently advising?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hey, thanks for that 3rspecB. As an owner of a Nitrate MSE with the big spoiler, I ordered one of these for the mantlepiece.

By the way, I saw in Motor magazine the breakdown in the LEs production numbers. As an owner of one the 60 Nitrate MSEs, I was wondering if anyone knows how many were optioned with the big spoiler, and if anyone has the breakdown of all the options etc?
I apologise if this is all stated somewhere within this mighty forum. I don't get on here much these days with work an' all.
Only option on motorsport was a choice of manual or auto and a factory fit spoiler. There was also an option of an embroidered car cover (with your name and build number on it). Other than these things, there was a RPO code that dealers used to remind them not to prepare the car (keep stickers, plastic covering etc on the vehicle but the buggers still charge you dealer delivery :oops:) All other things were simply accessories you could get from the dealer post purchase.

Breakdowns were mentioned somewhere earlier within this thread.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hi guys

Hoping for a bit of advice or help on this from other motorsport owners. I have been experiencing a lot of noise within the cabin including creaks, rattles etc. Have taken back to the dealer and they have replaced the striker on the passenger front door but it does not appear to have fixed the problems. I drive the car in sport mode mainly and I appreciate the suspension is meant to be stiff but the littlest of bumps or holes in the road are really felt and heard in the car, is anyone else experiencing similar or any suggestions on what problems I might be having that I need to look at.

The dealership are trying to justify the noise by telling me its a sports car and its normal but I have had a number of SS's and Clubsports over the years and what I am hearing when driving the car is definitely not normal. I just want the problems sorted so I can get back to enjoying the car. Any advise would be appreciated. I have been in contact with Holden Customer Care as well and they are looking into it, I did ask to see if they had anyone who was experienced with the Motorsport to come and test the car but apparently thats not an option. Any suggestions as to maybe someone I should take the car to in Sydney area to inspect and offer their opinion so I can give some different feedback to Holden that might be different to what the Service dept at the dealer is currently advising?

Probably best to start a new thread mate. Your post will get lost in this one in no time.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... The dealership are trying to justify the noise by telling me its a sports car and its normal but I have had a number of SS's and Clubsports over the years and what I am hearing when driving the car is definitely not normal...
Presumably you have gone back to the selling dealer as they have primary responsability with respect to your statutory warranty under ACL.

No doubt the 20" rims, low profile tyres and stiffened up MRC shocks in Sports mode combine to make the ride less than compliant but the car shouldn't rattle, squeek or grind. Having such noises would be a concern to me. Does it make such noise in touring mode?

Sadly, it could simply be an example of poor quality build or possibly an MRC shock issue or any one of the issues outlined in the threads on the VF forum. 1st thing I'd do is try some silicon under the exterior windscreen top seal and on the door seals, maybe wrap the striker in a turn or two of electricians tape, read this thread for details. Then go for a drive and see what noises are made, if any, hopefully it will be quiet and that should be the end of it.

But whatever you do don't accept such a poor answer from the dealer. They must sort out your concerns.

Do note that if you didn't take a MSE for a test drive prior to purchase, they can't state it's normal unless they can provide a representative example to demonsrate the case. But if you took out a SSV Redline as a close approximation to the MSE prior to purchase, and it didn't make such noises, then the the only conclusion can be the supplied MSE is not representative of the quality of the vehcile you test drove and as such you'd be in your right to return it and get a full refund under ACL which should get them focusing on solving your concerns ;)

It maybe worth checking if any local dealer has a motorsport 'demonstrator' available. Consider taking that for a test drive as a comparison to your example. Record the drive on your phone and then do the same drive on the same road in your MSE again recording the event. That should give you good back to back comparison and evidence. If there is a big difference in noise, the selling dealer can't claim they are all like that. If that dealer with the MSE demonstrator is not accomodating call HCC and outline your problems.

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
Presumably you have gone back to the selling dealer as they have primary responsability with respect to your statutory warranty under ACL.

No doubt the 20" rims, low profile tyres and stiffened up MRC shocks in Sports mode combine to make the ride less than compliant but the car shouldn't rattle, squeek or grind. Having such noises would be a concern to me. Does it make such noise in touring mode?

Sadly, it could simply be an example of poor quality build or possibly an MRC shock issue or any one of the issues outlined in the threads on the VF forum. 1st thing I'd do is try some silicon under the exterior windscreen top seal and on the door seals, maybe wrap the striker in a turn or two of electricians tape, read this thread for details. Then go for a drive and see what noises are made, if any, hopefully it will be quiet and that should be the end of it.

But whatever you do don't accept such a poor answer from the dealer. They must sort out your concerns.

Do note that if you didn't take a MSE for a test drive prior to purchase, they can't state it's normal unless they can provide a representative example to demonsrate the case. But if you took out a SSV Redline as a close approximation to the MSE prior to purchase, and it didn't make such noises, then the the only conclusion can be the supplied MSE is not representative of the quality of the vehcile you test drove and as such you'd be in your right to return it and get a full refund under ACL which should get them focusing on solving your concerns ;)

It maybe worth checking if any local dealer has a motorsport 'demonstrator' available. Consider taking that for a test drive as a comparison to your example. Record the drive on your phone and then do the same drive on the same road in your MSE again recording the event. That should give you good back to back comparison and evidence. If there is a big difference in noise, the selling dealer can't claim they are all like that. If that dealer with the MSE demonstrator is not accomodating call HCC and outline your problems.
thanks very much for your reply, very helpful and now have a bit more info I can use to try and get these issues fixed. I was definitely not happy with the initial answers I was getting and that's why I have taken up with Holden directly. If Im lucky enough to get this all sorted I will definitely let you all know what the outcome was. Thanks very much for your help

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
Probably best to start a new thread mate. Your post will get lost in this one in no time.
Thanks mate, Im hoping to hear back from Holden tomorrow so if i goes South will def start a new thread.

Blue Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SV6 Calais
Hi guys

Hi DMAC0320,

Have you checked that the door seals aren't 'dry' and the source of the creeks?

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
Hi DMAC0320,

Have you checked that the door seals aren't 'dry' and the source of the creeks?
Thanks Blue Calais, will have a look at this as possible source of problem, the more advice I get the better so I can try and get the issues sorted. Appreciate the reply