Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore "Race car" for sale

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not bad value....For a V6 street stock ecotec motor, it's $10,000...That's not even getting it to run....Add in the rest of the car, this one being LS powered, ready to race, $16K is good value

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Looks more like a bush basher than a race car to me.
Have you never been to the speedway/dirt racing track? it's a lot of fun dad had a torri he used to lap around I was too little to drive it but loved going for test runs with dad in it!!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Looksfun

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I agree with everybody, it looks like fun though I do reckon $16k is a little too much in my opinion as it does look like more of a bush basher...

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
To me, the only picture that makes it look like a bush basher, is the first one, where it has obviously just finished a race, so the front is caked in dirt.....

The rest are good, as it shows what has been done so people can see the value.....

The only real drama is, speedway costs a small fortune to compete in....A mate pulled the pin 2 or 3 years back, as it was costing him about $2K to $3K a meet to run a V6 wingless sprint car....And it was a mid pack car, not a top spot car.....So running this car would cost in excess of the $2K to $3K mark.....

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Not bad value....For a V6 street stock ecotec motor, it's $10,000...That's not even getting it to run....Add in the rest of the car, this one being LS powered, ready to race, $16K is good value
If the engine is in decent nick and the transmission is a T56 then just those two are nearly worth the price of admission.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Have you never been to the speedway/dirt racing track? it's a lot of fun dad had a torri he used to lap around I was too little to drive it but loved going for test runs with dad in it!!
Not for more than 30 years. It still seems funny to call these things race cars, dirt all over them, banged up panels, paint work that looks like it has been put on with a brush. I don't really like dirt racing, bitumen it is for me. I have no doubt they would be fun though.