Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden commodore ute trays?

stuart bauer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore ute
Not sure where to find this information. But i was told there was different lenghts in trays for holden utes. You can get a long tray back or something along those lines. I have looked on the internet and could not find information about this. As in how long the longer trays are as compared to the shorter trayed utes.

any help would be great,
thanks.

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
Extended/long wheel base ute tray

The only long wheel base ute I've seen is the VR-VS ex-ambulance utes with the canopy, that and you've got the VZ one tonner ute, basic standard ute with a external tray, Like the old rodeo one without surrounding walls, Doubt the rear tray is any longer then the standard holden ute tray though. I've seen a HZ? One tonner with an extended tray, 4 rear wheels and 2 front wheels. custom job used to transport cars or something. Thats what I can think of off the top of my head.

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
i wouldnt say you could unless it was a flat steel tray like alex said. the only way i could see it happening is if it got engineered or modified in some way.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
All commodore utes are the same length except a few of those stretch VR or VS utes, very odd looking things. I dont think they were available to the public from new, not many were made.

gazatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy one tonner v8
i got a vy one tonner and its got a tray from another ute on it 2400 long standard was like 2200 i think, and mine seems to be very long in the rear so i think the 2200 tray would make it pretty colse the same length as the style side wouldnt it. dont know if this answers ur question just thought i would tell u this.