Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden commodore v6 wagon Berlina 1995 always filling up tank?

Chace

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berilna
Holden Berlina v6 1995 wagon

I need to fill up the fuel tank all the time,

if the oil goes below 1/2 tank, I cannot start up the engine after driving.

it doesn't stall while driving
the capacity is 68L but I need to fill up after consuming every 30 L.

I've checked the forum online about the symptoms for the type of my Holden wagon, there's people having the same problem and they say "change the return hose between swirl pot inside tank and sender(?)"

I'm not sure but my car never has stalled while engine running, but it doesn't start unless I check the odometer that I drove. I cannot drive more than 150km without filling up the tank even if the tank was full which means I need to top up after spending about 33-36L

if I simply changed the fuel pump, it would be all right?

but there's people on forum saying that they 've changed fuel pump and then the symptom happened or although they try to change the fuel pump, it didn't help just it was same.

I wonder if u've ever had this problem and dealt with it on holden commodores.

if u've ever dealt with this problem and fixed it for Holden commodores in a repair shop in Sydney area, Please let me know of it.

Sincerely

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sounds like the pump has been replaced at some,stage and it hasn't been put back properly. The pump and sender needs to be put back in the swirl pot. I dare say, instead of pointing down, its pointing sideways. Either way, u'll have to remove it to check its location in relation to the swirlpot.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
ephect is on the money....I'd even bet on it.

Good Luck.

VRPhil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon
VS Commodore Exec

I have a similar problem, since the fuel pump was changed the car won't start if the fuel is below 1/3 tank and the car is parked on a slope with passenger side lower than drivers side or if the front is lower than the back. I took it back to the auto elec (I trust) to check the swirl pot but everything looks to be OK.

Currently I try and keep the tank above 1/2 full and am always careful to park the right way (front/passenger side high) on a slope.

Good Luck.