Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore VN to VS V8 AC Bracket

dfree82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS
Hi, seeking your knowledge about AC brackets VN through to VS. I have a VP block with a VS ac bracket. This VS bracket does not allow the compressor and adjuster pulley to line up with the third crank pulley valley closes to the block. Spoke to someone from Holden service centre in QLD and the call taker said his computer system is displaying a serial number change in 1993 models. I assume he is referring to a change from VP to VR. Anyone have knowledge of ac brackets? Or has successfully fitted VS bracket to a VN or VP block? And yes I have it fitted correctly as I've shown it to 2 mechanics now. Both have said get new pulleys and or bracket could be slightly bent. Bracket was sourced from a holden wrecker in QLD. Neither could tell me if the VS bracket should fit correctly or not.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I didn't think there was a difference, there are 2 brackets that I'm aware off. The big steel monstrosity that bolts to the drivers side head or the cast alloy bracket that incorporates the drivers side engine mount.