Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore VS Exhaust Prices

MITTZ

smoke em' up!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
have a look on ebay, you can get a redback system for $179 plus postage which wouldnt be much coz the guy who sells them is in brisbane, then just bolt it up yourself. grab a chrome tip from autobarn and it will come in a whole lot less than $300 ;)

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hey i got my exhaust from Hervey bay ( i live in maryborough) as it was way cheaper then here) i got a 2.5 inch red back system with the 2 mufflers (front and rear resi) there straight through mufflers/resi red back system sounds good and cost me 270 supplied (i installed it) so 320 installed and with a tip sounds good (thats if it has the rear resi as well)

i think it was only like 210 for the single muffler (no resi) set up when i was getting prices (about 3-4 months ago)

but for the muffler and resi system (that i have) here in maryborough for the same was anywhere from $350-450 for the exact same dam thing trip to the bay is like 15 bucks in fuel lol still worked out way cheaper

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
hey i got my exhaust from Hervey bay ( i live in maryborough) as it was way cheaper then here) i got a 2.5 inch red back system with the 2 mufflers (front and rear resi) there straight through mufflers/resi red back system sounds good and cost me 270 supplied (i installed it) so 320 installed and with a tip sounds good (thats if it has the rear resi as well)

i think it was only like 210 for the single muffler (no resi) set up when i was getting prices (about 3-4 months ago)

but for the muffler and resi system (that i have) here in maryborough for the same was anywhere from $350-450 for the exact same dam thing trip to the bay is like 15 bucks in fuel lol still worked out way cheaper

Yeha your getting the same price for two mufflers i got quoted at 320 installed with tip with only on muffler...... Hence it should prolly only be 240ish with one muffler and the tip? Anyways im going to check some other exhaust places today. Ill have some more prices after today.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeha your getting the same price for two mufflers i got quoted at 320 installed with tip with only on muffler...... Hence it should prolly only be 240ish with one muffler and the tip? Anyways im going to check some other exhaust places today. Ill have some more prices after today.

yeh i reken around 250 with tip...i got mine from the exhausts place in main street near the shell fuel station...forget the name of it lol

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
yeh i reken around 250 with tip...i got mine from the exhausts place in main street near the shell fuel station...forget the name of it lol

Lol I just went to the place that you got yours done at on main street, and they quoted me at $350 plus the exhaust tip, so like $370 all up. Thats for the redback sports exhasut with one muffler. Wtf did all the prices go up? Coz the other place can do it for $310 but I thought that was expensive lol? Both of em are straight through mufflers. I guess 310 is about as cheap as Ill find, becuase I dont want to buy one and try and do it myself I aint that handy lol.

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Remember most costs in these jobs is the labour, you will be surprised how much you save with no labour costs.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
My mate got his redback brand new for around $150, he then bought a tip for around $80

Total cost $230, it helps though that we supply some of the paint that redbacks are painted with.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol I just went to the place that you got yours done at on main street, and they quoted me at $350 plus the exhaust tip, so like $370 all up. Thats for the redback sports exhasut with one muffler. Wtf did all the prices go up? Coz the other place can do it for $310 but I thought that was expensive lol? Both of em are straight through mufflers. I guess 310 is about as cheap as Ill find, becuase I dont want to buy one and try and do it myself I aint that handy lol.

dam! i didnt think the prices would go that much up:my:...like i said wasn't too long ago as i have only had the car for 4 months. going buy the prices now id say go with the $310 price (obviously;)). Where can you get it done for $310?.

as for installing it ...red back system i got bolted straight up without any dramas...took only 20 min on and off. If you have basic knowledge of what a spanner does then you can install the exhaust:p

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
dam! i didnt think the prices would go that much up:my:...like i said wasn't too long ago as i have only had the car for 4 months. going buy the prices now id say go with the $310 price (obviously;)). Where can you get it done for $310?.

as for installing it ...red back system i got bolted straight up without any dramas...took only 20 min on and off. If you have basic knowledge of what a spanner does then you can install the exhaust:p

Is it really that simple? Wont I need to get the car up on hoists or something to get underneath? And what you just bolt it on? No welding? Not even to attach the exhasut tip???