Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden commodore vy ss ii disaster

SidVicious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX EXECUTIVE II
Hi Everyone

I know this post would piss a lot of people off but for a car that is just a run of the mill commuting to work and home have this much issues, I can't even begin to imagine how much more it would have if I gave it a good old boot.

Last edited:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Why would you have to take off the front body kit to get to the battery terminals?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Couple of questions. How does a Radiator cost $700? An alloy race style one goes for about $300! If it blew again, shouldn't it be covered by some kind of warranty? Not having to spend $600 again on it.

Auto Electrics are a POS to work on and when they don't work it sucks...

Looks like you got a lemon mate...

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Radiator should not cost more than $200. Fit it yourself and save labour costs, new one will have been covered by warranty for 12-24 months. Entire power steering replaced? Why? seems very unusual that the entire system should need replacing. Oh and if I only had low beam working I think I would attempt to keep my car's speed WELL below 110km/h. Posted speed restriction doesn't mean one HAS to travel at that speed. Other than that, you've had some bad luck and I wish you all the best in the future.

SidVicious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX EXECUTIVE II
Had to take the front body kit off because the power to the locks and everything went completely, could not open it with a key manually and the only way I could get to to the battery terminals and fiddle with the connects was by taking the front body kit off.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
$700 for a radiator and $600 for an alternator. F*** me, if i payed this much everytime my vl broke i'd be in debt of like ten grand, now i know vl and vy's are completly differant. But seriously a second hand alternator with a warrenty and brand new radiator would have been less then the price of the alternator you paid

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Had to take the front body kit off because the power to the locks and everything went completely, could not open it with a key manually and the only way I could get to to the battery terminals and fiddle with the connects was by taking the front body kit off.

THE KEY will still open the drivers door and then you can open the bonnet. ODD isnt it.

You got FISTED for the radiator thats ridiculous! Take that **** back right now.

The battery/alternator is obviously still not fixed or you have another electrical problem(check the +ve to alt isnt loose).

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Pull the radiator out and take it back?? lol.

I agree, you've been shafted, but things wear out on cars. Its a fact of life. VY isn't exactly brand new.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
my radiator was 360 fitted and flushed new coolant and 3 years warrenty but anyway thats really unlucky man