Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden copping a pasting in the V8s

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
What are Holden doing wrong? the days of old where the Commodore ruled the track has come to an end.

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Sorry to say champ,but you missed the boat a long time ago......they havnt raced a holden commodore since the early 90s....

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
supercars are boring i fell asleep yesterday right at the start i saw them take off but ant remember them finishing 1st lap woke up 10minutes after it finished :)
Want to see real car racing and much more interesting and exicting tune into one hd at 4:30pm today

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'm sorry for saying it, but I completely hate and oppose the V8 Supercar format, and the cars which they race. Since when the hell have Holden or Ford sold a 5 litre V8 (which are nearly the same). Next thing you know it'll be a NASCAR clone with shells shaped a bit like the cars which they actually sell.

**** I miss Group A, instead of banning all other manufacturers and making it a closed series why not try and improve on the quality of Australian cars? It makes Australians look like sore losers, just because we couldn't build a car to match the mighty GT-R.

These days the reality is that the Ford I6 Turbo's are better than their V8s, but we insist on keeping this relic series alive

EDIT Off topic: And just to think, the VN was set to feature the Nissan RB30/ET motors until Nissan put the price up (Buick nearly wasn't ready, which is why the series 1 was so rough). The RB30ET which was better than the VL V8... what kind of crazy world would we live in if they dropped the 5.0L all together or made a good enough deal to get the RB26DETT in some form of super Commodore.

Last edited:

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
I'm sorry for saying it, but I completely hate and oppose the V8 Supercar format, and the cars which they race. Since when the hell have Holden or Ford sold a 5 litre V8 (which are nearly the same). Next thing you know it'll be a NASCAR clone with shells shaped a bit like the cars which they actually sell.

**** I miss Group A, instead of banning all other manufacturers and making it a closed series why not try and improve on the quality of Australian cars? It makes Australians look like sore losers, just because we couldn't build a car to match the mighty GT-R.

These days the reality is that the Ford I6 Turbo's are better than their V8s, but we insist on keeping this relic series alive

EDIT Off topic: And just to think, the VN was set to feature the Nissan RB30/ET motors until Nissan put the price up (Buick nearly wasn't ready, which is why the series 1 was so rough). The RB30ET which was better than the VL V8... what kind of crazy world would we live in if they dropped the 5.0L all together or made a good enough deal to get the RB26DETT in some form of super Commodore.

Agreed totally omega.....I was bought up on a diet of group C/group A....personally I havnt been interested at all since the early 90s.....
I watch bathurst every year just as a tradition now....

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Agreed totally omega.....I was bought up on a diet of group C/group A....personally I havnt been interested at all since the early 90s.....
I watch bathurst every year just as a tradition now....

X3 in agreeance with that. I liked it better when they handled more like our bog stock commodores and even prior to my time some of the old footage of buckets of water on the rotors to cool them off. bring back 'real cars' .

--moved to motorsport section.

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
Sorry to say champ,but you missed the boat a long time ago......they havnt raced a holden commodore since the early 90s....

thats whats crap
its not a holden any more
they have had to slow all the holdens down now all the fords are in front and the ford ****s r getting cocky

i also only watch bathurst as a tradition
even though fords win that too now

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
thats whats crap
its not a holden any more
they have had to slow all the holdens down now all the fords are in front and the ford ****s r getting cocky

i also only watch bathurst as a tradition
even though fords win that too now

Not quite sure if you get it.....they couldnt slow the holdens down because holden dont race,the fords arent in front because the fords dont race either...which also means they cant be getting cocky because they do not exist......What we have is a nascar style scene..... purpose built racecars built to go around corners(not one corner like nascar)that have the basic(and I mean basic)sillhoette of the passenger cars they are "supposed" to resemble....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
People still watch v8 supertrains? Amazing, I suggest you get along to some of the production racing, brilliant stuff.