Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden crewman 2006,339000 km

William Coe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman 2006
Just bought it off a mechanic and I didn't check it out really,So I bought it and I drove it for a week so there is a tapping sound coming from the engine,I didn't notice that,but today it all of a sudden started to idle rough and then the engine light came on and it ran rough,so it took it back to my mechanic and he's going to have a good look at it for me,I'm hoping all will be ok,well my questions are what could be the problem what is that ticking noise coming from the engine,is that ticking noise a major issue,apart from being annoying,also this car has done 339000 km,have I made an error in judgement buying a car with that much mileage,and has anyone gone through the same problems like I am describing,

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Could be a long list of causes. A common cause for A tick is an iffy purge solenoid. Easy change and cheap part.
You want to hope that’s what it is.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Just bought it off a mechanic and I didn't check it out really,So I bought it and I drove it for a week so there is a tapping sound coming from the engine,I didn't notice that,but today it all of a sudden started to idle rough and then the engine light came on and it ran rough,so it took it back to my mechanic and he's going to have a good look at it for me,I'm hoping all will be ok,well my questions are what could be the problem what is that ticking noise coming from the engine,is that ticking noise a major issue,apart from being annoying,also this car has done 339000 km,have I made an error in judgement buying a car with that much mileage,and has anyone gone through the same problems like I am describing,
Are 2006 Crewman’s VE or VZ models???

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
dxy34t-79b7b306-7252-4b05-962c-e0898b0d6143.jpg

If only.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L