Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Cruze suspended from sale!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Holden Cruze suspended from sale!

GM HOLDEN has suspended customer deliveries of its successful Cruze small car while it investigates a potential faulty fuel hose that could cause a fuel leak.

The company has confirmed to GoAuto that 2010 model-year 1.8-litre petrol-powered Cruzes in its delivery holding yards and dealer stocks around Australia have been withheld pending the investigation.

It is not yet clear how many cars are affected or if any of the cars have been delivered to customers, but Holden says it will notify customers as soon as possible should action be necessary.

Nor is it clear how long sales will be on hold. Any major delay in deliveries of Holden increasingly important small car will upset the brand's current hot sales streak that saw its sales jump 24 per cent last month.

GoAuto understands that replacement parts for the faulty fuel lines are being rushed to Australia to get stocks moving again.

Holden spokesman Jonathon Rose told GoAuto: “Holden is investigating a potential fuel feed hose condition on a certain range of Cruze MY10 1.8-litre petrol models that could cause a fuel leak.

“A stop-delivery notice was issued to all dealers on Wednesday 3 March to ensure dealers do not retail, deliver or transfer certain MY10 1.8-litre petrol Cruzes until the investigation has been carried out and if necessary, corrective action has been completed.

“No action is required at this time on any MY10 petrol Cruzes that have already been delivered to customers.

“However, safety is always our number one priority so if further action is required we will notify customers as soon as possible.”

Holden dealers have been selling more than 2000 Cruzes a month since the replacement for the Vauxhall-made Astra hit its straps in October last year, giving the company much-needed firepower in the top-selling segment.

Last month, Cruze was the fourth best-selling small car in Australia, out-pointed only by the Mazda3, Toyota Corolla and Hyundai i30.

The Cruze will go into local production at Holden’s Elizabeth plant in South Australia next year. The two-model range will include a facelifted version of the current Cruze sedan and a Holden-designed five-door hatch based on the same platform.

Plans for local production were pushed back six months from the third quarter of this year to March 2011, with Holden saying this schedule meant both the sedan and hatch could be introduced simultaneously.

The local version will gain GM’s latest fuel-efficient 1.4-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine, and, potentially, LPG and hybrid powertrains.

The premium engine, which produces 103kW and 200Nm in US form, will be sold alongside the naturally aspirated 1.8-litre petrol four-cylinder currently available in the imported Cruze (104kW/176Nm), as well as the VM Motori 2.0-litre turbo-diesel rated at 110kW and 320Nm.

holden-cruze.jpg

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
I am still buying a manual Diesel Cruze in June. I just don't know what to do with my VP.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
suspending yet nothing on recall's web site.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
probably wont be on the recall site ever because their only suspending delivery of cars currently waiting pre delivery, if anything it sounds like a dealer bulletin.

Its actually more common then people think

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

FLHRCI99

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze 2010 CDX Auto
I have a Cruze CDX Diesel Auto 2010 and has been recalled due to fuel hoses potentially flying off due to the lack of swaging at the fuel rail , so is booked in for free hose replacemnt . The ACCC has it posted in their web site as a recall , extract from an email to me from the ACCC below,

The product recall to which you refer is detailed on the Recalls Australia website at Holden. This page notes that the recall applies to cars with ISOVIN numbers between the ranges of ISOVIN KL3#A695JAK554176 to ISOVIN KL3#A695JAK638647, and
ISOVIN KL3#A695JAK650299 to ISOVIN KL3#A695JAK668855. Therein, it was noted that problems with the fuel feed hose had been detected; it was considered that in some of those vehicles, a fuel leak may develop, as the fuel feed hose may not have been manufactured correctly at the swagged end of the fuel hose to the fuel rail quick connector in the engine bay.
If you buy a product that is later recalled you have certain rights depending on the type of recall and you should check with the supplier to find out exactly what applies in your case. Generally, if a product you buy is recalled, you will be asked to return it to where you bought it, for a full refund.
If you wish to confirm whether your vehicle is affected, contact a Holden dealer, who will replace the Quick Release Connector from the Fuel Feed Hose.

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
your about a year late buddy??

it used to happen every couple months with those series 1 cruze'.. old news and happens more than people know.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
New recall in todays Advertiser of 25,000 vehicles. Cruze, Epica, and Captiva. Diesel models only.