Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Cruze

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
The new Fiesta is made in Germany and will be until the end of the year, then the Australian cars will come from the (not ready yet) plant in Thialand. Alll the Euro Fords can come from nearly anywhere but the Germany factory is home base and allways build the first lot. It should outsell everything once the other factorys come online, but at the moment theres a 4 month wait as the German factory can only build 2000 a day and it's just can't build enough for Europe and Australia

Fiesta will be from Thailand when the plant is up and running.
Focus is from South Africa and Germany(XR5) till Ford start building it at Broady, then only the XR5 will be imported.
Mondeo comes from Belgium.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The 09 Fiesta is from Germany until next year, my wife has one, it's x 10 awesome, can't fault it in anyway

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Hence why the I said when the plant is up an running/goes online.

But why did you bother saying it in the first place, you actually quoted him saying it so that you could say it yourself??

You quote him saying "The new Fiesta is made in Germany and will be until the end of the year, then the Australian cars will come from the (not ready yet) plant in Thialand."

Then post "Fiesta will be from Thailand when the plant is up and running." Hmmm lol

Whether they are built in South Africa or Thailand, the quality is still well above the Holden imports. Why can Ford build a quality car out of these countries and Holden cannot? Why can Ford afford to import Euro cars (i.e Mondeo, Fiesta atm) and sell them at a competitive price, but Holden cannot (i.e. Astra)?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I just got to test drive the new Cruze prior to the launch! :w00t:

The dealer had one just for today so the salesmen can do their training with it. The car is doing the rounds of all Sydney dealerships ATM.

I must say, overall I'm impressed. I think Holden is onto a winner here. I drove the top of the line CDX and it has ALL the bells and whistles for $23,990. Good looking thing in the flesh too IMO. Fit and finish was good - a lot better than I expected. The only thing that let it down somewhat was the auto gearbox but that's ok, we're looking at getting a manual anyway.

So pending a test drive of a manual whenever they can get one, my missus might be cruze-ing in a Cruze...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't have a problem with the Cruze. From some angles, there is a distinct family resemblance to VE design features. The car has a five star safety rating, six airbags, ESP and various other safety goodies, good equipment levels, a greatly improved standard of panel fit and finish compared to previous Dae-wot's and sensible pricing. The diesel has a six speed auto available - I can see that being the one to get if you are after economy and equipment. About the only thing I wasn't fussed about was the design of the standard steels and the up-spec alloy wheels. They do nothing for its appearance.

From what I have read in the papers so far, the Holden manufactured version to come on line next year will have styling differences. Build it right and it will sell well in a highly competitive sector of the market

XeKToReX

Put it on credit!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL, VR Exec, VS Stato, VT Clubby #555
For that price, I might find myself cruze-ing! Seems like a neat little car to me, one of the few I'd actually let myself drive (astra turbo's are cool :thumbsup:)

Panorama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze 2004
I have a holden cruze 2004, anyonoe have parts? i need the left hand door and the bonnet, please update me with prices and locations, thanks guys :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have a holden cruze 2004, anyonoe have parts? i need the left hand door and the bonnet, please update me with prices and locations, thanks guys :)

The name "Cruze" is recycled from a little microbus thing they had earlier this decade. Wander down to your local Holden dealer - they should be able to help you with spares.

Reaper

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I have a holden cruze 2004,:)

You poor bugger! :yeah:

anyonoe have parts? i need the left hand door and the bonnet, please update me with prices and locations, thanks guys :)

Umm this is an ENTIRELY different type of Cruze we're talking about here. Do some research and you'll see what I mean...