Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Cruze

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
We test drove one, it was just a CD
things i liked:
* overall look
* interior especially upfront, the centre stack and instrument clust are sweeeeet
* it feels and looks smaller then it is (like the VE) (good and bad thing actually)
* the door sound when it closes
* the steering wheel
things i didn't like:
*cloth dash, does this change to leather when trim is leather? imagine this would be hard to keep clean and would fade.
*upfront you feel 1st class, in the back you are definately in econmy, come one GM and Holden soft touch plastics all the way through.
* the back needs to be a little 'squarer' , and option of a little spoiler.

But anyway i talked mum into sitting in an Sv6 she said she loved big cars and that day we ended up ordering an Atomic SS 6 speed lol

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
But anyway i talked mum into sitting in an Sv6 she said she loved big cars and that day we ended up ordering an Atomic SS 6 speed lol

ba hahah, can i have your mum, thats awesome

oh and what does the door sound like when it shuts?

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
ba hahah, can i have your mum, thats awesome

oh and what does the door sound like when it shuts?

its hard to describe but you know how you get a cheap door shutting sound then a solid door shutting sound lol ... like like how a Commodore's door shuts compared to an Excel lol

Ill post pics up of the SS soon aye

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The name "Cruze" is recycled from a little microbus thing they had earlier this decade. Wander down to your local Holden dealer - they should be able to help you with spares.

Reaper

I think that's the one thing about this car that I'm not keen on. It's the same with "Viva", which has now been stuck on two very ordinary, mundane and boring cars made forty years apart, but both were junk.

The names "Cruze" and "Viva" should be consigned to the dust-bin. Surely they can be more creative and come up with a new name for a new car.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
vn2nv's girlfriend and my wife both have one of these, that's why we are biased towards Ford with small cars :0, it's pretty much non-improvable, well more power coldn't hurt but apart from that it's flawless

attachment.php

Attachments

• WS_Fiesta.jpg
    WS_Fiesta.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 404

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yeah, it's a shame we don't get the latest Euro small cars from Holden anymore. The latest Corsa and Astra, and the Insignia mediu, would eat any Daewoo.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yeah, it's a shame we don't get the latest Euro small cars from Holden anymore. The latest Corsa and Astra, and the Insignia mediu, would eat any Daewoo.

Nobody bought them. Holden tried and they tanked - we only have ourselves to blame.

Reaper

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
vn2nv's girlfriend and my wife both have one of these, that's why we are biased towards Ford with small cars :0, it's pretty much non-improvable, well more power coldn't hurt but apart from that it's flawless

Have a look at / drive of the new Cruze. You just might change your mind.

Subjective I know, but I personally reckon the Cruze is far nicer in the looks department too.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Have a look at / drive of the new Cruze. You just might change your mind.

Subjective I know, but I personally reckon the Cruze is far nicer in the looks department too.

The new fiesta is a top looking car man!

But have you driven or looked at one up close? I've driven my gf's a few times and been in it countless times, and whilst i've only sat in a Cruze, not driven one as yet, there really isn't much of a comparison imo. Whether or not that changes when they stop importing the Fiesta from Germany and import it from Thailand im not sure.

Nobody bought them. Holden tried and they tanked - we only have ourselves to blame.

Reaper

The Astra sold in decent amounts, much higher than any of the daewoo small cars anyway.