Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Customer Care - Pathetic

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
Background:
*My mum bought her Holden brand new from a Holden dealer in 2014
*It was then passed on to my wife early 2017
*In October 2019, I was driving the car and had a tyre blow out
*When I went to fit the spare (which had never left the boot since new), I found that it didnt fit - holes in the rim were on a different P.C.D than the studs on the wheel hub
*The following day, my mum contacted the original dealer, who acknowledged the fault and told her to bring the car in to change it over
*Problem is, car came with wife when we moved up to QLD
*Original dealer said no problem, take it to local dealer and they can change it over and recover cost through head office
*I called Holden Customer Care last Thursday (the day before it was to go into the local dealer for schedule servicing, airbag recall) and explained the situation, and was lead to believe that it was all ok and would be done, and that I would get a call back that day to confirm
*No call back
*I get the call the following day telling me that the wheel wasnt replaced
*I call Holden Customer Care again, asking for an explanation and was told that it had been allocated to a case manager, and that person would call me back to provide an update
*No call back
*I call Holden Customer Care again on Monday morning, left a message for the case manager to call me back
*No call back
*I call Holden Customer Care again later on Monday, and was told that the case had been rejected and closed
*I again leave a message for the case manager to call back with an explanation
*No call back
*I call Holden Customer care on Tuesday and asked to speak to the case managers supervisor, was told that "escalations can take up to 24 hours"
*Supervisor calls me this morning and said that it was Holdens position and the decision is final and will not be overturned
*The only reasoning they could provide after their 'investigations' was that we couldnt prove that we hadnt removed the spare wheel at some stage and swapped it over - WTF!?!

I told them that it was an absolutely pathetic excuse and pathetic treatment of a very loyal customer

I also pointed out that our whole family had been driving nothing but Holdens our whole lives (including many brand new), my dad worked for Holden for over 25 years, I worked for Holden for just over 1 year

OK, the part only retails for $138 (and probably only costs Holden around $30), but its the principle of the matter

I also told them that if this is their attitude towards loyal customers, theres no wonder the company is going down the toilet, and that they are trying to extract every last cent they can from the public before going under

I had to also remind them that my current lease is up in a few months and for the sake of screwing me over for a $30 part they will miss out on a $60k sale

In summary:
They supplied a part that was never fit for purpose, acknowledged that it was a mistake on the production line and were prepared to change it, only to later called into question our ethics and reject the claim

Thoughts?

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
Sorry mods just realised ive posted this in the wrong subforum - please feel free to move as required

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Background:
*My mum bought her Holden brand new from a Holden dealer in 2014
*It was then passed on to my wife early 2017
*In October 2019, I was driving the car and had a tyre blow out
*When I went to fit the spare (which had never left the boot since new), I found that it didnt fit - holes in the rim were on a different P.C.D than the studs on the wheel hub
*The following day, my mum contacted the original dealer, who acknowledged the fault and told her to bring the car in to change it over
*Problem is, car came with wife when we moved up to QLD
*Original dealer said no problem, take it to local dealer and they can change it over and recover cost through head office
*I called Holden Customer Care last Thursday (the day before it was to go into the local dealer for schedule servicing, airbag recall) and explained the situation, and was lead to believe that it was all ok and would be done, and that I would get a call back that day to confirm
*No call back
*I get the call the following day telling me that the wheel wasnt replaced
*I call Holden Customer Care again, asking for an explanation and was told that it had been allocated to a case manager, and that person would call me back to provide an update
*No call back
*I call Holden Customer Care again on Monday morning, left a message for the case manager to call me back
*No call back
*I call Holden Customer Care again later on Monday, and was told that the case had been rejected and closed
*I again leave a message for the case manager to call back with an explanation
*No call back
*I call Holden Customer care on Tuesday and asked to speak to the case managers supervisor, was told that "escalations can take up to 24 hours"
*Supervisor calls me this morning and said that it was Holdens position and the decision is final and will not be overturned
*The only reasoning they could provide after their 'investigations' was that we couldnt prove that we hadnt removed the spare wheel at some stage and swapped it over - WTF!?!

I told them that it was an absolutely pathetic excuse and pathetic treatment of a very loyal customer

I also pointed out that our whole family had been driving nothing but Holdens our whole lives (including many brand new), my dad worked for Holden for over 25 years, I worked for Holden for just over 1 year

OK, the part only retails for $138 (and probably only costs Holden around $30), but its the principle of the matter

I also told them that if this is their attitude towards loyal customers, theres no wonder the company is going down the toilet, and that they are trying to extract every last cent they can from the public before going under

I had to also remind them that my current lease is up in a few months and for the sake of screwing me over for a $30 part they will miss out on a $60k sale

In summary:
They supplied a part that was never fit for purpose, acknowledged that it was a mistake on the production line and were prepared to change it, only to later called into question our ethics and reject the claim

Thoughts?
You're more patient than me but in view of their attitude and current market situation, screw'em. Definitely look at another brand from now on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You're more patient than me but in view of their attitude and current market situation, screw'em. Definitely look at another brand from now on.
trouble is in the current market we don't have a lot of offerings in new cars. European or cheap Asian seems to be in plentiful supply. Nearly every conventional vehicle is FWD, so that leave dual cabs and 4WDs. Probably what people want i suppose.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
trouble is in the current market we don't have a lot of offerings in new cars. European or cheap Asian seems to be in plentiful supply. Nearly every conventional vehicle is FWD, so that leave dual cabs and 4WDs. Probably what people want i suppose.

Going by sales numbers, they are very much what motorists want.
My daughter recently purchased a run-out Triton 4dr ute.. er.. truck. I haven't driven a live rear axle vehicle since 2005, when I sold my VR. The VR was comfortable, smooth, handled well after I rebushed the entire suspension and was a pleasure to drive. The Triton, however...
How people buy these bloody awful things for family transport is beyond me. They're trucks.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This should be in the joke of the day thread.
it's like no one at Holden even cares anymore. They are dead inside.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I had exactly the same thing happen to me recently when I rang them to complain about the clear coat peeling on the front and rear Brembo Calipers, get this, only on the left hand side of the car.
I was told, after many phone calls, that it is normal wear and tear from the brakes heating up. I must not have noticed the car pulling to the left during braking the whole time!
My lease was due too, so I bought a VW Tiguan. To be fair, I was never going to buy a ZB Commodore, when I sat in the rear seat of one, I hit my head on the top of the door frame and it was difficult to get out of.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The ZB is hard for Holden to get out of as well.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’s annoying enough that HCC don’t call back when they promise to do so but it’s absolutely infuriating when they act as a brick wall and and keep you from talking to the decision makers.

Sadly this even occurs when it’s a simple defects where there should be no wiggle room. Guess the ACCC undertaking period has elapsed :oops: and Holden and maybe the dealers have gone back to screwing everyone o_O

So yep, HCC are as useful as tits on a bull ;)

About the only thing you can do is document all your dealer & HCC dealings in trying to resolve a specific minor defect and then go to tribunal and attempt a major fault claim and ask for a full purchase price refund :cool: That should get some focus happening from HCC :p