Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Dealer Gripe

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if the diff is being replaced under warranty you will be getting the same as eveyone else, a reconditioned changeover unit.
Troy has the saturday thing mostly right, most places try to stick to service work on saturdays.
Its no excuse for booking the work in but if the salesman had anything to do with it it's completely understandable, theyre not well known for thigh IQ.lol

Rob

loudvtss

Reaction score
I was told I am getting a new one not a reconditioned changeover unit. I think the service guys told them(Holden) that as a result of my car only having 3000kms I should be getting a new one. That's what they told me.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ahh, you realise this could leave alot of parties open to legal action with the what you have said about this company?

You should reword how you have said some things....

That said, i have alot of dealings with that Holden dealer and i would say they are one of the better Holden dealers around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
That said, i have alot of dealings with that Holden dealer and i would say they are one of the better Holden dealers around.
Absolutley, i've purchased two cars from them and found them to be very good in their service and warranty work.
The only reason i didn't buy my last car there is they didn't have what i wanted at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
If the workshop is open, dealerships do warranty work. Warranty work is charged to the factory/brand eg. Holden, by the service department/technicians.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
If the workshop is open, dealerships do warranty work. Warranty work is charged to the factory/brand eg. Holden, by the service department/technicians.

at a much reduced labour rate determined by Holden.
Like i said Most places try to avoid warranty on saturdays.
Rob

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
I have purchased parts from Steve at that Holden dealer...

Excellent service Steve:thumbsup:

Last edited:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
My local holden dealer is hopeless for servicing. Spent $1045 on the service. They changed my rear breaks, and they still squeek REALLY loudly, they say they re-agusted my handbreak, and as soon as i drove out of the service center i could hear that rubbing sound (when the handbreak is in need of reajusting) and it hadnt been doing it before hand. They said that they couldnt replace my door handles, which i have been told you can, and no complimentry wash (which they are supposed to do)... after spending over 1000 for a service and PAYING IN CASH you'd think they would take a bit better care of you. Same sort of thing with my dads

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
When I bought my car I asked the dealer whether I had to come there to get any warranty work done or could I go anywhere he said I could go anywhere as long as I rang them first to let them know so they could organise payment for the dealer doing the work..

loudvtss

Reaction score
Just confirmed with Holden Customer Service that a new diff will arrive at the dealer today or tomorrow. Once I get the new diff installed and the other issues sorted out at Penfold City Holden in Burnley I will be a happy chap driving my nice new car...