Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Dealer Gripe

loudvtss

Reaction score
Guys just a quick note to warn you above purchasing a car from a Holden dealer. I purchased my VZ SS from there 6 weeks ago. Typical salespeople. Very happy to make the sale but their quality of work and customer service has a lot to be desired. I took my car there for a service and half the problems I told them about weren't even looked at even after I asked them to give me a list of issues so I can cross reference they told me all the issues were recorded. What a load of crap. The car was there for 4 hours. Just to give you an example. My tint has bubbled up in 2 places. I told them about it and was told it will be fixed. The guy at the service department said that it wasn't going to happen because the tinters weren't in on Saturday.

Don't buy or service your car at this Holden dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
generally car dealers do not do warrenty work on saturdays.

*insert my own bullshit theory here*
from what i have learnt on this forum (i forget who first said it) car prices have the price of a warreny built into them. if, at the end of the warenty period, the cost of repairs is less then the built in cost of the warrenty the selling dealer gets that money back.

now, my theory is that because saturdays are usually penalty rates for works, dealers do not do any sort of warrenty work because it eats into the cost too fast and thus they do not get as much money back.
*end my own bullshit theory*

can someone confirm/deny any of this? am i talking out my arse or is there actually some thruth it what i have just wrote?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
good theory troy but (ill use my car for an example) its was bought from Hunter holden, but very time there has been a warrenty issue(two) i take it to Mcgrath holden at sutherland. how would the payment be worked out then. would hunter holden be happy because they never see me???

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
(from what i have read) it still gets taken off the cost. another dealer would be happy to do warrenty work because they get paid from holden to do it and holden take it out of the 'refund' for the other dealer

BTW this is total speculation and i have no facts to back this claim up. i am putting this together from information i have read from this and other sites

loudvtss

Reaction score
generally car dealers do not do warrenty work on saturdays.

WRONG....

My Holden dealer don't do any work on any day except take people's money.
They booked me in on Saturday knowing what work is required. So what's their story? They're either piss farting me around and/or are useless.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
It sounds like the person who booked you in was just tring to get you off his back, then once you were gone they forgot to book the tint guy. Seems to me that they may be feeding you BS. Could just have run out of time on the other issues though. I don't know about other dealers, but where I used to work there was only a skeleton staff on saturdays and the people who were there didn't really want to be so it was a pretty unproductive and lazy day. The mechanics I worked with only wanted to do routine servicing on saturdays.

The money side of things won't make any difference. It would be very harsh if retail labour rates went up on a saturday to cover the increase in pay for the mechanics! Generally dealerships just have to absorb this cost as it's more cost effective to do so than to shut on a saturday or not get any work in because the labour rate is higher.

Best off taking it in during the week and saying they can keep it as long as they need provided you can have a courtesy car.

If there are problems that may be difficult to pinpoint or get a satisfactory fix immediately then this will help you both out.

Any Holden dealer is obliged to address the warranty issues. They all get paid whether you bought the car from them or not. As far as I know the selling dealer wouldn't be penalised for warranty issues with the car. It should just be paid by Holden and that's the end of it. After all it's Holden that build the cars, not the dealer. Pretty unfair to financialy penalise the dealer for something that isn't their fault and is really beyond their control to prevent happening. That's how it worked with Vauxhall anyway.

One thing to keep in mind is that there may be lower mileage or time limits on the manufacturer's warranty for certain items on the car. With Vauxhall, windscreen wipers were only covered for 1250 miles, brakes 5000 miles (IIRC), battery 12 months, etc so it's worth checking to see how long each item is covered. The warranty administrator at the dealership should have a comprehensive list they can show you.

Last edited:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
its all to confusing, LOUDVTSS just try taking it to another dealer.. if there is one that isnt out of your way

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Troy's theory makes sense though. After all, everything comes down to greed these days, and business people will do anything to make the most money at the end of the day.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Just persist... they hope most people will give up !
Walk in demand to see the service manager and give him your list of problems
and tell him you want them fixed or you will be writing a letter to Holden Aust....
Dealerships loose funding from Holden if they get to many pissed off customers.

loudvtss

Reaction score
Guys I took my car to another dealer yesterday and what a difference. They've organised for a new diff for my car. Local Holden dealer told me they were going to put a reconditioned one. I asked for new and they said they don't have them. I can't believe the difference in service between 2 Holden dealers. Like chalk and cheese. Cheese being my Holden. Mouldy and stinky.....