Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden dealerhip reviews

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Holden Dealers Reviewed By Australians.

Some interesting feedback here

What are your experiences and recommendations ?

My experience is that they are generally overpriced, take too long to do anything and customer service sucks :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My general attitude is that the vast majority of posts on such sites are negative as only people with a gripe are likely to bother seeking such a place out to have a rant. By definition then, the larger dealerships tend to get more complaints just because of the volume of cars going thru the place. It's very hard to get an accurate context of bad service, 1 in 10 cars or 1 in 1000??? You just don't know.

It's very similar to Commodores (and Falcons in the 80's) heading the stolen car register. Why?? Because at the time they were by far the most common cars on the road. These days theft of modern cars is sharply on the decline as your amateur joyrider is never going to get one started.

Reaper

panthergreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS karma blue
Holden Dealers Reviewed By Australians.

Some interesting feedback here

What are your experiences and recommendations ?

My experience is that they are generally overpriced, take too long to do anything and customer service sucks :)

I go with ultratune only because it gives me an excuse to visit the city more than anything, not a lot of difference price wise between them and holden

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
... the vast majority of posts on such sites are negative as only people with a gripe are likely to bother seeking such a place out to have a rant.

Bang on I reckon! Almost no-one will go to the effort of praising anything online, but when they've had a rough time, then they will - it's one of the tried and true tenets of marketing.

Accordingly, I will now say the Garry and Warren Smith in Oakleigh Victoria have been great to me and my two VEs. Service department has always been ready to help (even over the phone) and they've always returned my cars on time and in good order. Recurring issues were handled especially well with attention to making sure I was inconvenienced as little as possible. And, naming names, Joe in the Service Dept. is an all round good guy :)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My son bought his Commodore from Booran Holden in Dandenong and is happy with them and their after sales back up . He broke down about 4 months after he bought it . They sent out a tow truck out to pick it up and gave him the keys to another car on the lot. They said to keep it till they fix his one , which was ready the following day.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I buy a lot of spare parts through my local holden dealer, kensells holden in Tamworth.Ive heard a lot of complaints about their servicing,mainly the price,which doesnt worry me as I do my own servicing etc,but I will say that their spares guys know what they are on about, and their spares prices are excellent, even when compared to some of the bigger city holden dealers.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
My wife and I have dealt with Preston Motors Essondon a fair few times, have the astra serviced there, and i've rang the service dept a few times to rattle there brain and they've been nothing but helpful.

for pricing; some stuff is cheaper than repco and genuine, but most is overpriced. It really helps if you know someone in holden (sister-in-law) to get better pricing