Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden dealership warning - NOR Perth

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I had my VF SSV in for some warranty issues with the brakes recently and while I was there I thought I'd get them to change the oil (10,000kms)

Anyways the car became noisy on cold mornings to the point I started googling symptoms without giving too much thought that it could be related to the dealer service. I mentioned it to their 2nd in charge in the service department about 8000kms later to which the response was 'it's probably dirty injectors, what fuel are you using?' This woman has close to no idea.
I thought I'd get a mate who has a mech workshop to do the 20,000kms. I purchased a genuine filter $18 and some Penrite 5/30 $78 for 10L.

Anyways, the motor is whisper quite cold or hot now and does to chug and tonk like a tractor when cold anymore. I can only deduce that shonky brothers Osborne Park used a cheaper thicker oil just to squeeze a couple more bucks out of the job. Dealers ay, I should've known better.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
There are a couple of dealerships in Perth which I wouldn't go near, not even if I were desperate...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We were just talking about this exact issue in another thread. I'd go and ask the dealership exactly what oil they use.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
We were just talking about this exact issue in another thread. I'd go and ask the dealership exactly what oil they use.
My service guys use Dexos 1 approved oils , surely a Holden dealer would use the correct oils and fluids .

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Might use Dexos 2