Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Dealerships- What The?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
:hit: Well Where do I start...........

Well you all know i have a sv6... well if you dont you do now.
Im looking at upgrading my front and rear lights from the poxy stock ones to the SS/Calais one darker, projection light. I rang three different Holden dealerships here in adelaide and firstly rang the place where i purchased my vehicle from.

I told him my story, that i had an 05 SV6 and was looking at installing the SS style lights into her. He firstly asked me if my Sv6 was a sedan or wagon??????? ( i thought that was gold) Secondly he told me straight up, you will have to change and buy a new front bumper to fit them. NOw i know thats a crock of shite cos a few on here (troy that i know of) has done this swap and no new bumper was required. He then told me that they were HSV lights and they would cost quite a bit. I then said to him, mate I wasnt aware that calais and ss were HSV enhanced vehicles. HE hummed and harred a bit then put me on hold to find prices and consult hopefully someone who actually new what they were talking about.

In the end, all three places offered me substantially different prices, ranging from $900 to $1400 uninstalled( both front and rears)? I understand that different dealerships are owned seperately and can have small variations in costs, but 500 dollars cmon.

Anyone else have similar "encounters" with these morons that provide us with top notch, quality service and information?

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
hmmmm, that makes me feel more confident about being able to land a job at holden! Damn, how dumb can you be! :p

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
ring around for dealer prices, some dealers will fleece you badly.

in fact ring around and find one where the parts guy knows his arse from his elbow, while you're at it!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd get the relevant part numbers and look on ebay or ring around a few dealers. Aussie post is cheap.

For reference MY VX SS headlight were cheap (I think it was around $290 - it was a couple of years ago) but my VYSS tail light was $193. Bumper skins are cheap but the little fog light that goes in them cost a mint.

Hope this helps.

Reaper

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
Get the part number for the lights and ring Coventry's.

Find a good panel shop and offer them a cash job, no receipt.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
dude, tell them they are fuggin tool beaters. this thread has prices and part numbers for the head lights. DO NOT buy them from a dealer, wait until a set come up for sale on ebay and you will pay half the price. installation is piss easy. remove the bumper, remove the lights... new ones in and then bumper on. no rewiring, no changing the bumper... simple!

and if you are willing to pay 1400 bucks, ill buy the lights myself and come and charge you that much for it :p

if you need help on how to get the bumper off let me know :thumbsup:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Troy711 said:
dude, tell them they are fuggin tool beaters. this thread has prices and part numbers for the head lights. DO NOT buy them from a dealer, wait until a set come up for sale on ebay and you will pay half the price. installation is piss easy. remove the bumper, remove the lights... new ones in and then bumper on. no rewiring, no changing the bumper... simple!

and if you are willing to pay 1400 bucks, ill buy the lights myself and come and charge you that much for it :p

if you need help on how to get the bumper off let me know :thumbsup:

troy

im definately not willing to pay that cash, thats ****ing ridiculous. If and when i go through with it, most likely ill just get the front lights, yeah ill buzz ya on front bar removal.

Champion.