Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden designers win international award... for Camaro...

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
'Other finalists included the boxy Citroen C3 Picasso, the quirky Kia Soul, and the Toyota Prius petrol-electric hybrid hatch'

What, you mean i could have entered a design aswell?:hmmm:

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Well it is sold in AUS, just at a very expensive price lol. I think it is a great looking car for what it is, it is a muscle car after all. The thing is that a Monaro can be had for much cheaper, is a great looking 2 door (without those ugly nostrils thanks) and has all the modern stuff. The other catch is for a 130K you could bould yourself an awesome classic comaro that would have much more appeal than t he new one.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
130k for a Camaro???

No thanks, so many other better cars in that price range.
Could get an original for 100k less....

aero135

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
would be good if they sold the thing here - and a prius given an award - pfft then looks like the camaro didn't achieve much.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i still remember the day i was driving down some backroads near home and a NEW lhd camaro went flying past me. it was red and had minimal camoflage on. had a trader plate on too. it stopped ahead of me and turned left onto a busier road, then quickly turned right off onto a quieter road at full throttle with a bit of opposite lock thrown in for good measure.

unfortunately i didn't have a camera on me at the time :( and i tried to follow it but it was just going too fast. lol thats my claim to fame right there.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The reason the price is so high here is because it's a private importer who then has to do the LHD to RHD conversion and to get that certified, it has to be ADR compliant which means crash test! So they imported the first one from the USA, did the LHD to RHD conversion and then wrote it off.

If you buy a top of the line fully optioned SS version in the USA it will be around $35k - $40k US. That's less than $50k drive away at today's exchange rate so even with import taxes, they should be sub $70k here. But then Holden would lose sales of Commodore and HSV. Hence it would have to be priced at near 100k+

Private imports may become a lot cheaper though with the RHD version heading to the UK in 2011.