Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Employees "Thank You"

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
I have been absolutely enjoying my VF2 for the past couple of months, as I am sure a lot of guys and girls have.

I would like to say thank you for putting such a great effort into making the countries great last Commodores.

I know some of you will have to look for new work and you can feel satisfied that what you have produced counts for something.

I want you to know it is certainly appreciated.

Best wishes
Hyperduc

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Agree 120%! Thanks for creating great cars, memories and the anticipation that alway came from waiting for the next New Aussie Built Commodore.

My SSV Redline is due on the line this Monday it’s going to be more than a car to me. A lasting tribute to you guys. It’s a “keeper” and I’m looking forward to being one of those “old fellas” in 30 years time when driving it.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
I would like to say thank you for putting such a great effort into making the countries great last Commodores.

Hi

Just picked up my Director from storage today and dropped it off for tinted windows which will be completed in a couple of hours and after giving the car its longest drive today I must also say thankyou to the Holden employees for putting such a great effort.

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Yep.

I remember the first Falcons and my Dad had Holdens through the 50's 60's and 70's.

Sad to see it all end.

Sadder for the workers...

http://www.theage.com.au/business/h...aker-exits-manufacturing-20171012-gz06x2.html

I cannot feel sad for workers who, with the help of the union, screwed a business into submission.
Shop floor assembly line people on $150,000 a year could never be sustained.
Welcome to Australia, a quarry surrounded by a beach! if we are lucky.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
. (forum playing up...)

I'll save simplicity for another day

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I posted the same thing on a different thread , but when I drove down to the gym this morning in my SV6 , I thought someone at Port Elizabeth built this , and I thank you . For all the Commodores I had , from the VR II Calais ,VS II Calais , VX Equipe , to the current SV6 . Have a beer or two , and think of the good times .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
chev.jpg
Yep.

I remember the first Falcons and my Dad had Holdens through the 50's 60's and 70's.

Sad to see it all end.

Sadder for the workers...

http://www.theage.com.au/business/h...aker-exits-manufacturing-20171012-gz06x2.html

Even though in South Africa , Holden's were badged as Chevrolet's , I remember when my dad bought a brand new Chevrolet Constantia , what in Australia would have been the Statesmen , difference being the South African models came with a 350 V8 as standard , and aircon . The photo above is not dad's , but it was the same colour as pictured .

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
And here is Bill Shorten today announcing a $$$$ pledge to local manufacturing. A bit too late for that mate.