Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Employees "Thank You"

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 9.28.21 am.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 9.25.25 am.png

OMG blessed by the hand of Smedley!

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Has the last car rolled off the line yet? Originally heard it was going to be the 19th, then the 18th but then people here and on the news etc, have said the last car has rolled off the line. The news report last night infact had an SSVR in the Elizabeth parade and they were stating that it was the last car off the line. Even in this thread, somebody has said "it was noted by some of the speakers, how the staff worked so diligently to ensure that quality was maintained, at the highest world class standard, right up to the very last car to roll off the line"....Then you read new articles today saying Holden is going into their final week of production. I've got no idea whats going on.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Pollys always too late. They give money and then the corperation leaves. Clap clap for the handy cap

The Pollies and the Bureaucrats sell our assets and keep our liabilities. Very sustainable hey? Oh I forgot, we have the middle income tax payers to prop them up..........

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
It's sad to see a great company and workers shown the door,I have been lucky thru age to have owned some great Holden products,first an LC Torana sl BNE built in 1970 as well as a LC XU1 BNE built,1974 HQ Monaro 308 Pagewood built,VK Brock ADL built,VL manual turbo Calais ADL built,VN SS,VU SS,VY SS,VE SS all bought new and now waiting on a Redline off the line on the 19th,no one can say I haven't supported Holden thru the years,I can honestly say all theses cars have had their asses spanked hard at times and not once have these not got me home,I'm proud of what we have built in this country and never again will we see or drive vehicles of this calibre so to those lucky enough to own them enjoy them look after them because never again shall we have cars we can call our own built in Australia by Australians for Australians.Yes I'm an old coot 65 last week n still love cars n drive em hard,don't let any one tell you to grow up or your to old,just smile n walk away.

The only cars in my shed today are Aussie built. I am comfortable with that.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
And here is Bill Shorten today announcing a $$$$ pledge to local manufacturing. A bit too late for that mate.
Yes he said that, but it's all only just spin, to try make himself look good to fools.
Shorten is in fact just a moron for saying that now, it's finished ya fool.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
The only thanks that should be given is to the Australian Government that created the Australian car industry in the first place, when they had Nationalistic values and a goal for a future with hope.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Anyone wanting to blame Unions for the demise of Holden should look to the far north-east where the American United Automobile Workers Union pressured GM to limit the number of imports on Pontiac GTOs, Pontiac G8s and Chevy SSs.
Any ‘foreign’ brands that do well in the USA, are most likely to have models that are built in the USA.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Yes he said that, but it's all only just spin, to try make himself look good to fools.
Shorten is in fact just a moron for saying that now, it's finished ya fool.

problem is there are many fools out there that will buy into his BS.