Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN ENGINEERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
This is the point I was making. I was happy for him to come hear and give his opinion (just like badgerdog did) however our friend is like a dog with a bone and can't accept that his opinion isn't the only valid opinion.

Facts are, the ZB is the worst selling Commodore in the history of the Commodore and although not the single cause of the downfall of Holding is surely a part of that. The fact that GM/Holden decided to use that model as the ZB Commodore even with it's great features was a total sales/marketing failure for Holden, this is FACT with the sales numbers to back it up.

Until he learns that his opinion is no more valid than any other posters opinion I will keep calling him on that fact. He's claiming people don't respect what he has to say but on the flip side he won't accept what other members are saying so it really is a case of the Pot calling the kettle black.

My final comment for the moment: The pro reviewers are on record as saying “ will this Commodore sell well, probably not, but that is not because It isn’t a good car. It is a good car.” Sales data is true, so is the data for SUVs where 90% of drivers don’t leave the bitumen. I can’t find the Apple News searching article now on SUVs ... it was poor at all levels but sales are there. So Sales mean a lot financially, and of course Holden fell out of love with consumers, in particular Commodore. They virtually divorced it, turned their back on it, virtually never advertised it.

A friend of mine, buys Suburu. He bought a new CVT a month ago I didn’t can it to him. I hate CVT, noisy do nothing engines. The mechanics I know at Holden and Mazda also don’t like them. I don’t know a real lot about them except that they may have longevity.

You and many others virtually were stony silent about the praise for the ZB, in particular, specific good things. Badgerdog was the only person to really laud it and begin to knock say v6 cars, inc the VE. That tells you a lot, without Badger, I’d be hammered into submission, but truth came out when I saw the first real, and detailed post saying very good and specific things. There were a few who made generic comments of ‘ praise’ (too strong a word) but in essence, I was taken on about peripherals , and a gang up mentality started and continued unabated, with posters agreeing with each other, avoiding really unpacking the detail about the car. I thought this forum was about, in particular, sharing why you loved your purchase. In the main , despite objective good evidence about the ZB 4 petrol, this was thwarted, many taking glee with that.
I also joined the forum to learn. I feel as if Tezza knows f all. I was pilliared for asking whether the retuned ZB Commodores were done here. I didn’t know that, perhaps I should have. I am no expert at all, but I did not deserve that put Tezza down treatment.,

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So the majority of members/posters on this forum are off the same opinion as the general motoring public. Who knew?

It is still fact that the ZB is a complete and total failure as a Commodore regardless of the quality of the car. This is fact.

This forum is about people who own Commodores, most come here initially because then have an issue or need help with something and stay for the long haul to help others. Most who take pride and joy of their new investment post a "user ride" thread with a pic of their pride and joy. Some post review thread (like Badgerdog did, great thread too). And then there is you....

This thread has gone full circle!

Status
Not open for further replies.