Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN ENGINEERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Of course they were retuned for Australia, especially the suspension.
The Holden engineers specified the heaviest duty suspension available, to give the Euro a chance to survive the warranty period.
Including all of them . What was the process? Was the retuning done after they landed in Australia.. assume ' yes'

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I bought a widget with a 4 cyl. 2 litre petrol turbo and it's absolutely brilliant, yes it has a badge on it .. All I did was research what info I could .. Yes Holden officially badged it as a Commodore, ZB . I bought it because, indeed, it is brilliant as independent reviews unequivocally stated. There is also a member on this site that gave it high praise.. " engine is a cracker " , and so on. I have owned it for 12 months and it is still a cracker. It's a goldilocks ( just right). car in all respects.
Wow...just wow

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Including all of them . What was the process? Was the retuning done after they landed in Australia.. assume ' yes'
They tested them dor Australian roads in Europe as far as I heard

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Was the retuning done after they landed in Australia..
I suspect Holden engineered the syspension tune down under, on our roads and test tracks... Then they'd have sent the build specs to Opel who actually built them to Holdens specification. I doubt they arived down under and then had new springs and shocks fitted.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I bought a widget with a 4 cyl. 2 litre petrol turbo and it's absolutely brilliant, yes it has a badge on it .. All I did was research what info I could .. Yes Holden officially badged it as a Commodore, ZB . I bought it because, indeed, it is brilliant as independent reviews unequivocally stated. There is also a member on this site that gave it high praise.. " engine is a cracker " , and so on. I have owned it for 12 months and it is still a cracker. It's a goldilocks ( just right). car in all respects.

Hang on a minute. In this thread you ask for info and then promptly start singing the products praises when it seems you haven't yet got all your ducks in a row?

Honestly, I'd suggest walking down the corridor from the promotional fluf department and go ask the guys in the product development section to get the relevant facts before continuing to post more fluf.

Better be quick, I hear they'll be shutting all that down soon. Must suck to know your favourite widget has helped the down fall of this iconic brand?

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Did they actually do anything to tailor it to Aus roads? A quick google doesn't show much...

This was about it
https://www.goauto.com.au/news/hold...tuned-for-aussie-tastes/2017-08-25/65074.html

“They have taken the steering calibration and adapted it to be specific to that vehicle (VXR),” he said at Holden’s Lang Lang Proving Ground. “The suspension, we have given them feedback.”

The Insignia was also sent to the UK, where the B roads are generally terrible, perhaps piggy backed those settings? I'd imagine the rates were tuned a little, but can't see the hardware being changed.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Did they actually do anything to tailor it to Aus roads? A quick google doesn't show much...

This was about it
https://www.goauto.com.au/news/hold...tuned-for-aussie-tastes/2017-08-25/65074.html

“They have taken the steering calibration and adapted it to be specific to that vehicle (VXR),” he said at Holden’s Lang Lang Proving Ground. “The suspension, we have given them feedback.”

The Insignia was also sent to the UK, where the B roads are generally terrible, perhaps piggy backed those settings? I'd imagine the rates were tuned a little, but can't see the hardware being changed.

given previous partnerships between the UK and Australia I would imagine this would be more than adequate.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Did you really think they would be individually tuned 'for Australian conditions' on arrival in Aus after being built to suit some other country?
No, they are built to a specification and that is it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Did you really think they would be individually tuned 'for Australian conditions' on arrival in Aus after being built to suit some other country?
No, they are built to a specification and that is it.

nothing stopping them fitting different suspension at the factory, i think this is what the OP is wondering. Think like an FE"X" tune for aussie roads. I don't think this is an unreasonable question.

Status
Not open for further replies.