Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN ENGINEERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I totally understand the need for businesses of all flavours to make a reasonable profit and return on investment.

I was simply continuing the lighthearted dig at bean counters and not having a go at you particularly.

You have to admit though, that globalisation and the outsourcing of a large part of global production to one place is not necessarily a good thing, i.e. eggs in baskets and all that.
Clearly I'm far too tired and prescious to fully appreciate the satire in your dry sarcasm. Sorry about that 5.0. I never took it too personally though. Just balancing the ledger.
Not a day goes by I don't lament the loss of our once mighty Lion. And yes, the offshoring, concentration and dominance of manufacturing has it's risks.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I found it quite interesting and an eye opener to read in the 1994 forward planning for the proposed VT Commodore it was calculated GMH could save A$4 million in tooling by modifying the Opel V-2800 floor pan and using common floor pan pressings for both sedan and wagon variants.

Retooling the VR series HVAC box, proposed to carry over to VT, to resolve an air flow deficiency to the dash end air vents would cost approx A$3 million.
Without bean counters businesses would go broke pretty quickly.

any business that doesn't operate this way is setting themselves up to fail.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I found it quite interesting and an eye opener to read in the 1994 forward planning for the proposed VT Commodore it was calculated GMH could save A$4 million in tooling by modifying the Opel V-2800 floor pan and using common floor pan pressings for both sedan and wagon variants.

Retooling the VR series HVAC box, proposed to carry over to VT, to resolve an air flow deficiency to the dash end air vents would cost approx A$3 million.
Without bean counters businesses would go broke pretty quickly.
Like all things multinational, I suspect there is a large amount of profit shifting to some tax free jurisdiction going on their. And this has always been the problem with how “accounting” is done. It’s technically against the tax law to have an organisational structure for the purposes of tax avoidance but it simply isn’t enforced. Something about quack and walk being a dog it seems...

In any case, my comment that precipitated this tangent was in jest :p

Next, braking news, Australian dollar collapses and replaced by toilet paper :p

Last edited:

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Hang on a minute. In this thread you ask for info and then promptly start singing the products praises when it seems you haven't yet got all your ducks in a row?

Honestly, I'd suggest walking down the corridor from the promotional fluf department and go ask the guys in the product development section to get the relevant facts before continuing to post more fluf.

Better be quick, I hear they'll be shutting all that down soon. Must suck to know your favourite widget has helped the down fall of this iconic brand?
Enjoying posting arrogance, that's your survival mode

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
One person said how great they were? Really? In a sample of say, 100, and 1% of the sample is anomalous, you don’t go with the anomalous sample as a representation of the ‘research’.

What you did was look for the answer you wanted to hear.

As for this being a rebadged car, you are not going to see it as successful in other global markets either.

My personal ‘observation’ was 2months and 10000 miles of UK roads and saw a handful of them.
Ah you are a goose...all your threads are meaningless trash, full if mumbo jumbo.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Internet says a widget is another name for a small gadget.
Nuff said.
It's well known how the term widget is used .. I've used it well. You're into assassination on your ego tripping way

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Ah you are a goose...all your threads are meaningless trash, full if mumbo jumbo.

Says the master of meaningless trash and mumbo jumbo...

Go back and read your own posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.