Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Extended Warrenty Question

peter wan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Hi, just wondering regards to the 3yrs / 75,000kms extended warrenty that comes with the 2nd hand "Holden certified vehicles" from dealerships

Do you have to go back to the dealer that sold you the car for services? Or any holden dealer will be ok?

And will some small mods to the engine like a CAI or changing mufflers expire the warrenty?

cheers.
peter

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
in my experience its not worth the paper its written on

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
what those guys said.

but from what i know for your car to come under warranty work has to be done by a qualified mechanic and the book needs to be filled out. im not sure if that counts for extended warranty. but they cant deny a warranty if the work has been carried out by a qualified mechanic and if they do you need to get some real advice aka not people on the net.

Jacko4

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000vs/v8 ute,2000 Adventra LX8, harley Fatboy
Hey Peter, I bought in Dandenong Vic and not long after moved the country and it broke down. It was the ingition module and the car had to go to a local dealer. They contacted the dealer in Dandenong and they approved the labour but the parts and towing cost me $400 and i could have fixed it myself , so no it is a rip off and it must go back to the dealer you purchased it from.Jacko.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My son also bought a car from a Dandenong dealer with an extended warranty and his car broke down and they towed the car back to the yard , gave him a loan car and had his one back on the road within 24 hours .
The only down side is you have to have it serviced by them but he got 6 free services thrown in with the deal.

peter wan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
thx guys, that really helped. I bought my car from a dealer 50kms away from where I live, they did mention that the extended warrenty only covers like 40% of total cost tho, I guess I can go back to them since the VE commodore only requires service once every year,,,