Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Factory

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Mine is an 09 and the interiors looks pretty much as good as new.

Have a close look at the driver's seat lower side trim. I'll bet it's cracked along its length about half an inch down from the top edge. You mightn't see it until you look closely, but the plastic is thin at that point - it's a very weak design and cracks because the driver's weight forces the seat padding down on the trim. The trim can't flex to absorb the pressure so it eventually cracks.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I find the VE interiors -stylewise- are brilliant for their time, considering they were conceived in the early 2000s. My WM is still a nice looking thing from the driver's seat and has aged very well. I agree some plastics are a bit dicey but Commodores have always had good and bad plastics inside. The top of dash is soft-tough and textured and the plastic around the audio/HVAC controls is thicker than any other car I've owned. Being Statesman helps because there's nice suede on the underside of the dash and doors. Things could be better but they could also be worse. Hyundai-worse!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Calaber, will take a good look at it because mine seems to be in good shape. I am about 1.80 tall and about 86 kilos (if I did the conversion right) and does not feel they are broke/cracked.

Will check both since our Driver seat is you guys passenger seat :)