Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Factory

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I've brought a lot of parts off them. there's a yank over there go suck it off.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I do find it absolutely hilarious though, the ones who complain the most are the ones rolling around in VL-VX's.

Do you think Holden gives a **** about you? Youve probably never brought a brand new Commodore, or will ever buy a brand new Commodore, so youre meaningless to them. You arent a lost sale.

What you trying to say? Spare parts and service are a large part of a profitable dealership and that includes older vehicles, not just the new ones rolling out of the yard.

IF Holden weren't such a complete bloody rip off on parts I'd use them a lot, same for there service centre, to bloody expensive.

A friend or ours took her car in to be serviced, came back with a huge list of items that needed doing, many weren't critical and the prices quoted to replace was just ridiculous. I could have done the whole lot for 1/2 the price and still been laughing all the way to the bank.

I once got a service reminder for our old VS, I had never had it serviced at Holden but they were touting for my business, maybe they were getting just a little desperate?

TBH, Holden is been punished partially because of the failings of GM, worse still Holden intend to sell an imported FWD car badged as a Commodore, that to me is dis-respectful to the name but who knows, maybe they will come to there senses and start importing some of the other great cars that GM does make. It's all a shame really because Holden really did design and build some great stuff, not bad from a bunch of bloody aussies :D

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
What you trying to say? Spare parts and service are a large part of a profitable dealership and that includes older vehicles, not just the new ones rolling out of the yard.

We are talking about retaining manufacturing of a particular car here and the longevity of the Commodore.

Selling Z160s and Z156s is not going to help retain that model of car into the future. Rolling stock out of the lot does. Yes, its a good supplementary profitable part of the business but GMH doesnt really care about someone who says "ohh Holden is dead to me" when they own a VT Commodore because chances are they were never going to be a new car sale which was the point I made.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Don't discount the used car market so much, if people weren't so interested in the older used models the new models would loose there resale value a lot quicker and the market would shrink. Someone buying a new car would think a lot harder if the resale value was significantly less than it currently is.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The interior plastics of the very first VEs were actually VERY good! They went cheap and hard later on.

Eh??? I had 3 Ve's - an early SSV, late series 1 SSV and a HSV E3 (mid way thru the run). Dash plastics and switch gear didn't change what so ever thru the run. Series II ssv's got rid of the atari dash but many (me included) would argue that was a good thing.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
my 2006 VE Calais had great interior plastics and soft surfaces. My 2008 VE Calais V did not. There was also my 2007 E-Series Clubby which wasn't bad. And I wasn't a fan of either my 2010 VE Calais or 2011 SSV. Plastics were definitely best on the 2006!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The only difference I can remember was the side door open/close things on the real early Calais. Some also had a cubby hole with lid under the radio but other than that all the plastics were the same.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The only difference I can
remember was the side door open/close things on the real early Calais. Some also had a cubby hole with lid under the radio but other than that all the plastics were the same.

I'd have to agree with you Reap. I have never seen a VE that didn't have disgraceful interior plastics and that includes early Calais. Fragile seat and console side trims that cracked and broke free were extremely common. Our daughter's 08 wagon had both problems. The seats trims were particularly easy to damage as they were so thin and the retaining system was rubbish. The side trims on the console would fall loose and replacing them was a pain. They'd just fall off again a few days later.

Raj must be a featherweight if he never cracked the seat trim.

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Mine is an 09 and the interiors looks pretty much as good as new.