Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden halts production of Commodore and Equinox

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Off topic a bit but I think Stooge was referring to Macaques. I read somewhere that VW initially wanted to stick humans in a room and make them suck in diesel fumes to prove how harmless their emissions were

Yeah monkeygate but they didnt just want to do it they did it and ofcourse once the word got out they somehow do not know anything about it even though they funded it lol

Das monkeys

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If nobody cares that it happened, it didn’t happen ...

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
The ZBs have been out for how long now and I still haven't seen one on the street around my area... the only ones I see are the ones rotting in the stealership's yard.

Compare this with the new Camry which I come across several driving around everyday.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The problem is there is no comparison between why VW sales dipped and why Holdens have.

VW suffered a drop due to, lets call it a lack of consumer confidence. They didnt completely change the configuration of their most iconic badged model and try and fill a heap of different market segments.

Holden are trying to stay in the market with configurations, that are popular with the general public....However reading on here, people don't want Holden to go that direction.....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
GM make bad decision after bad decision. The ZB was garbage out of the gate, an ungainly looking car that appeals to no-one.

what a pack of muppets, they can't get out of that volume mentality.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
While on the dire side of things the only popular thing Holden sells is an Isuzu, I was surprised that in sales numbers they’re still between Honda & VW ... both popular importers with popular products.

huh...??? Holden don't sell anything 'Isuzu'
have not done so for nearly 20 years since
they stopped selling Rodeos

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
Sad. The ZB is not what people wanted. Why kill your money making VF with a V8 and replace it with a V6 from Europe? SMH. Sorry mates. B.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
plus HSV have said.. they cannot do more than just over 500 a year

Ford are selling more than 500 Mustangs a month (just on 7000 in the past year)

The current conversions aren't a solution, it a band-aid. Only very desperate people will pay the mark up given the next-gen Camaro is likely to be RHD and make it here at some point. Holden are at fault only in terms of their denial 'lalala it will all be okay'. The reality is GM has poor products outside of North America, and their unwillingness to focus more globally is costing Australia.