Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden: Hints of Torana

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Also in 1968-69:
Torana bodies were made in Australia.

So could we see the Torana in 2008 or 2009?:)

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Basically everything after VL :p But the VE is a big bubble

There's nothing like a good belly laugh:D

I've got a bubble car and thank goodness a VL:D

From now on I reckon we should cal all VE's Big Bubble's :yeah:

Anway, stay bubbly you guys:thumbsup::w00t:

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
good call mate
Big Bubbles lol hehe :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I dunno how many of you guys were around on the VN launch but everyone in the country called it a bubble car, freak, ugly, space ship... etc. The only good thing about it was that for the time is was absurdly fast. Times certainly change because now VN looks quite good now and much more respectable as a design than the VE if you park them both together

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
......now VN looks quite good now and much more respectable as a design than the VE if you park them both together
If you say so.... I know which one I'd rather own.

I'm surprised nobody seems to have commented on the Australian-designed Camero that was announced the other day...maybe that's your Torana.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I dunno how many of you guys were around on the VN launch but everyone in the country called it a bubble car, freak, ugly, space ship... etc. The only good thing about it was that for the time is was absurdly fast. Times certainly change because now VN looks quite good now and much more respectable as a design than the VE if you park them both together

Greenfoam

The VN has design features which dated very quickly and now, 20 years later, those "features" let the overall design down badly.

For example, the flattened top line to the rear wheel arch - ugly in '88 and still ugly today. The lack of any flaring over the wheel arches, the grey anodised trim around the side windows, the dash design, plain Jane front end...and a steering wheel that should never have seen the light of day.

I had a VN and it was a reliable car but despite maintining the car in top condition, the brakes were crap and completely inadequate for the performance the car had, the steering loose and the suspension sloppy. The best thing you could say about the looks of the car was that it was clean but boring.

There are design features to the VE I don't like, but to most peoples' eyes, it is a far more attractive car than any standard VN was.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I want to revisit this thread in 15 years, someone remind me because the VE is sure aging very fast at the moment :)

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
lol VN's arent going to be the best thing to look at in 15 years at the ripe old age of 36

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
I want to revisit this thread in 15 years, someone remind me because the VE is sure aging very fast at the moment :)

wasent the VE based on the TT36 to gauge resonse???

nice digg up btw

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
yea i gotta admit when i first seen one my jaw dropped but now i dont even look twive and yea they do look old but i would mach rather one over the new falcon ewwwwwww