Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN-IQ in Series 1

bdc74

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A Yet
Hi all. I have looked everywhere I can think of without luck.

I was curious to know if I could put a series 2 IQ system in to a Series 1 SSV Wagon and if so any ideas on costs and where to get it done?

Cheers heaps,

Brett

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
i agree ... but i have the sv6 with the standard dash ... im not holding my breath

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
The short answer is no. It would be far too involved and probably end up being cheaper to sell the car and buy a Series II. Just to give you an idea, you can't even fit satnav to a Series II after it's left the factory because there is no way of linking it all up.

I priced it for several customers when the Series II came out and IIRC it cam out around the $9-10k mark just for parts.

bdc74

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A Yet
when you say far too involved - can you explain a bit better here? Are head units's sizes PHYSICALLY different between the two models? Seems to me that from S1 to S2 there usually is not that much change done internally and if you took an IQ from the same equipment levelled car -ie SSV Sportwagon then there would not be too much difference?

I am only hypothesising here though!

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
As far as I can remember, a fair bit of the dash has to be changed as the displays are different. Head unit alone is over $1500. Then you would need to work out which wiring needs to be changed, which other bits the IQ system needs added to function properly, and how/if it can all be linked together while retaining functionality of the car's original equipment. I think it's all linked to the dash so that may well need to be changed.

The climate control or air con control panel is also part of the stereo fascia and Series II is different to Series I. I can't remember if the heater box is different but many things are. The module that controls the climate or air con is different in the Series II aswell.

Unfortunately many of the changes made to the VE for Series II were interior tweaks.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I've got a mate who still work in development at Fishermans bend and he told me that the IQ is a Volkswagen unit.

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
Hi all. I have looked everywhere I can think of without luck.

I was curious to know if I could put a series 2 IQ system in to a Series 1 SSV Wagon and if so any ideas on costs and where to get it done?

Cheers heaps,

Brett

hey mate my ve berlina 07 is getting thee iq in a week or 2 once paid off i only got 2 weeks left its on special at jhp $1997 fully installed plus they do payments plan once paid off u can take it in im getting it hooked up to a dvd player inside the glove box. go in goolge serach jhp. they change the in middle part to fit it its 2200 once special is over. my dads got a calias with a dvd plus i really like the fact u can have ur contacts and call logs streaming music from phone built in hard drive i could have gotten the calais series one 1 headunit for 1500 but for an extra 500 i get everything

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Your not really going to like my post.

There is another mob that does the exact same thing as jhp for $1500

Even worse news,
I got mine for $420 from a wrecker, and all of the trim bits for another $200 (including piano black shifter insert, surrounds, and a lot of the bits that jhp do not supply with their kit)

Once you have all the required bits, you then need to program the vin number in the main unit using an EEPROM programmer, and swap over a couple of wires on the plugs (the plugs are the same, just the wires are in different locations)

The problem with the jhp kit is that they use a non sat nav unit. So if you want sat nav later, you pretty much have to get a whole new unit, as the non sat nav units are missing the tms and sat nav boards, and they cannot be retro fitted because the secondary board is missing the connect to connect these boards.

The only reason why I haven't fitted my iq system up is because I have factory series I gps, which I use quite often, and my iq unit is from an omega. (hence the reason why I am now looking for an iq unit from a calaisv or ssv with the nav boards fitted)

Last edited: