Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN-IQ in Series 1

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey guys, I'm interested in this series 2 setup. I have managed to find, through a family friend holden wrecker, a series 2 IQ headunit with sat nav and all the trims etc. for $680.
I just need someone to assist me in setting it up :) I'm happy to pay if your in Melbourne or bank transfer.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Can you get another unit ?

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
My newest upgrade:

IMAG0226.jpg

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yes its in a series 1 ve. I bought it for $680 off a wrecker and sent it to Doubledip to program it for me.

I fit it myself, it wasn't hard. One of the best mods I've done.

I was going to do the ipad installation but with a few more dollars you can do this and it keeps the holden look.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
I am interested in your remark that a Satnav cannot be retro-fitted to a Series II VE after it leaves the factory.

When I was actually picking up my MY11 VE SV6, the dealer made a big play trying to get me to fit Satnav. The salesman said that if I acepted (cost $800), they could fit it in a matter of minutes while I waited. I declined.

However, if what you say is correct, then just maybe my vehicle is in fact fitted with the hardware, and just needs activating through software. Do you think that might be the case, and if so, how do I check to see if the hardware is there?

Thanks.

Over the weekend i fitted a SATNAV unit to a SS series 2 (ex-cop car) for a customer and programmed it all in... He loved it.. HSV start-up, reverse camera turned on, DVD setup turned on, colour blue to match car colour and model year 12 maps

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I have gone from this....

image.php

To this....

image.php

Because of the interior colour (Light Urban), the whole center console / stack required replacing (I wont be replacing the arm rest, as its just too expensive for me to do).
I am still waiting for the handbrake cover and smokers kit to fill the gap below the head unit.
I have fitted the HSV E1/E2 gauges to match the cluster. (And sold the E3 gauges and E1 Pod)
I also need to replace the glovebox shell, as I had a series I Sat Nav fitted, and the glovebox has a huge hole in it for this.

I will be sending the head unit off to Ultimate Wiring Conversions to do some finishing touches in terms of programming for me (RSE enable, Diversity Antenna enable, Rear Fader Enable), as you can only really do this with Tech2,
as it seems like Holden have problems with enabling some of these features.

In the end, it looks like it is much easier and safer to pay someone to program these units up, as just to program the VIN number on this thing to get it to work required de-soldering and re-soldering chips.
Scary stuff when you are working on a head unit that cost $2000+