Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOLDEN-IQ in Series 1

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
Looks the goods Matti :)

heres pic of mine

inside1.jpg

inside2.jpg

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes can be done... my first IQ i played around with was a SSV Ute radio and only had front speakers... so i modded it to have F + R Fader

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
All I need to find now is a complete conversion from a s1 statesman to a s2 caprice and ill be happy :p

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
JHP do a IQ to s1 conversion. you can buy the whole lot from them.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The JHP Package costs roughly around your first borne child, a night with your wife, and a deposit on a Sydney home.
(Around $2000 for an Omega Unit, and up to $5300 for the HSV with Sat Nav and Gauges).
You can get some money back ($250) if you return your series I colour LCD headunit back to them, however you can get MUCH more if you just sell your series I head unit on eBay..

My suggestion is to get an IQ unit from a wrecker, and get the required trim pieces from Holden.
If you get a model from an Omega/Berlina/Calais, which are the same silver colour as Series I models, then you do not have to go all out on buying the gloss/piano black trim pieces, which saves you lots of $$$$

To give you an idea of prices, an SV6 IQ unit, complete with trim and a DZ HVAC module (Which requires modding if fitting to a Single Zone HVAC model) went for around $600 a couple of weeks ago.
So all you would need to do is pay someone to program the unit (With your VIN number, and all the fun stuff I mentioned above), modify your wiring to suit, and viola, IQ system for less than half of what JHP is selling.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
To give you further ideas on pricing, JHP out bid me a month or so ago (eBay) on a CalaisV unit, with Sat Nav, which went for $860.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Find the IQ unit and trims from the wreckers. They usually don't have any use of the trims once you buy the unit. I got mine for $680 all up and I think an extra $350 to program the unit, enable some features and program the hvac for SZ.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes JHP do charge a premium.. but i guess all businesses want to make money... if they are a ripoff then dont buy from them and they will lose business and adjust their prices to suit... Just need to be careful what you are buying on ebay and what is advertised is actually there (even from some wreckers) as many think just because it has a NAV/MAP button that NAV is fitted

if nav isnt fitted then it can be fitted but will need to have the back unit replaced (fascia stays) and also needs a few other pieces.. have recently replaced one for a customer (with brand new unit) and he loves it...

have supplied a few other units for guys as well from just the basic unit to the nav and programmed them and programmed others that they have supplied along with the hvac units.. the IQ system (except for a few minor annoying bugs) are a great setup absolutely night and day over the older SSV series 1 unit that was originally in my car... and coupled with the E3 dash having the nav markings popup is great